Sure, maybe Monopoly isn’t the BEST way to celebrate a birthday like today’s “Star Wars” 43rd, but it’s certainly something to pass the time.
On this day (May 25th) in 1977, a little film called “Star Wars” first opened in theaters. From that first strain of John Williams‘ iconic score and the laser blasts hitting the Blockade Runner, audiences fell deeply in love with George Lucas‘s tale from a galaxy far, far away.
Bring a small slice of that universe home with some special editions of Monopoly, to help stave off the inevitable boredom that looms over all households right now.
“Star Wars: The Original Saga”
Start with Star Wars the Original Saga, available here on Amazon [warning- it’s NOT cheap. Partially because it’s currently out of print, and a super limited edition].
- Celebrate the 40th anniversary of the movie that started it all
- Relive the original Star Wars story as you travel around a galaxy far, far away
- Collect classic scenes and iconic ships from the 1977 movie and make a fortune
- Build Fleets and Bases, and side with the Rebels or the Empire
- Includes,Gameboard, 6 tokens, 28 Title Deed cards, 16 Force cards, 16 Smuggler’s Cargo cards, 32 Fleets, 12 Bases, 2 dice, money pack, and game guide.
“Star Wars: the Complete Saga”
Then, move on to Star Wars The Complete Saga Edition, available on Amazon here.
- Star Wars trilogies: Star Wars fans can celebrate all of the Skywalker movies! This Star Wars edition of the Monopoly game lets players relive all 9 episodes from a galaxy far, far away
- Exciting game for Star Wars fans: the Star Wars complete saga edition board game features dynamic and colorful artwork inspired by all 3 trilogies
- Iconic Star Wars characters: the game includes 9 tokens; each one is a character that relates to one of the 9 star Wars trilogy movies
- Star Wars themes: The properties in this Star Wars themed board game are planets and Droids. Tie fighters and X-wings replace houses and hotels. Landing on a light speed space lets players fly ahead
- Star Wars themed cards: If a player lands on a Jedi training or holocron space, They have to pick the matching card and do whatever action It says
Star Wars: The Child Monopoly
And, available for pre-order, everyone’s favorite this year- Baby Yoda Edition of Monopoly from “The Mandalorian.” You can pre-order it here.
- INSPIRED BY THE TV SERIES: This Star Wars edition of the Monopoly board game is inspired by the The Mandalorian live-action TV series on Disney Plus
- THE CHILD TOKENS: Play as The Child (or affectionately known as “Baby Yoda” by fans) in different poses such as eating a frog, using the force, drinking a cup of broth, and sitting in the Hoverpram
- HIDEOUTS AND HIDEAWAYS: Players travel around the board buying and trading objects from The Child’s adventures. Buy Hideouts and pay to upgrade to Common Houses
- THEMED GAMEBOARD: The gameboard features places and objects The Mandalorian fans will recognize such as a Cup of Broth, a Frog, Tracking FOB, Razor Crest Cockpit, and Razor Crest Storage Bay
- FOR THE CHILD FANS: This board game for kids ages 8 and up makes a great gift for Star Wars The Mandalorian fans, and would make a nice addition to a Star Wars fan’s toy collection
Star Wars Monopoly: Travel Edition
A bonus travel version of the classic Monopoly game, but “Star Wars” themed! You can order this version here.
- Star Wars-themed Monopoly game
- Buy and collect rent from iconic Star Wars locations
- Use the Force for special abilities
- Features Open and Play Case
- Includes gameboard, 2 dice, 4 ship tokens, 64 cardboard property markers (16 for each ship), 16 Chance cards, 1 money pack, and game guide
- 2 to 4 players
Watch all the “Star Wars” films on Disney+, then gather the family around your closest Dejarik table for a game night.