It can be cocktails, chocolates and bath bombs, you can even get CBD in gummies, this wonder ingredient is in everything and everywhere one could possibly think of. This ingredient is also taking over the world of skincare and beauty. From CBD cream, sunscreen, serum, cleanser, and chapstick, there are arrays of CBD products available in skincare supply stores in every place.
Firstly, let us learn about CBD and CBD cream.
What do you mean by CBD and CBD cream?
CBD or Cannabidiol is one of the phytochemical compounds & non-psychoactive cannabinoids present in cannabis. The other cannabinoid that is responsible for the high in cannabis is THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol.
Medical marijuana will produce a high’ although CBD products will not.
Marijuana and Hemp plants both are a part of the family of cannabis. According to United States Federal law, marijuana normally contains 0.3% Tetrahydrocannabinol (TCH) greater than hemp. Therefore, hemp being 0.3% or less than marijuana is used for the extraction and cultivation of CBD
CBD cream is one of the most popular CBD skincare products that are majorly made with an oil-based texture that helps to lock the facial skin’s natural moisture and it provides antioxidant properties, anti-inflammatory properties, and soothing properties.
Are CBD creams beneficial for skincare?
The right kind of cbd cream is great for the skin as it provides and locks moisture but at the same time, it is not comedogenic which means it won’t clog your skin pores. CBD is good for the skin as they are anti-oxidant as well. CBD cream further contains amino acids & vitamin B complex that acts as active ingredients for a healthy skin.
Let us see what CBD cream does on the following skin problems:
- Acne- It is caused mostly by hormones. CBD cream here fights the swelling or inflammation and hence the redness that comes along with the inflammation thus helping in normalizing the skin.
- Inflammation- CBD, the transdermal version helps in reducing inflammation and pain making it a treatment for various skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea.
- Scarring- CBD cream also helps in treating patients with scar tissue.
- Complexion balance: CBD-infused skin care creams help in maintaining the ECS stay in balance so that there is enough retained hydration to the skin and no oil in excess in the T-zone or patchy spots. It also helps in effectively reducing blemishes.
- Skin-soothing properties- Topical CBD skin care creams can help to soothe dryness, flaky skin, redness, and itching due to the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD.
- Itching- CBD cream has shown to lower itching which is chronic /treatment-resistant by blocking nerve endings in order to minimize the sensation of itchiness.
- Reduces signs of aging- CBD skincare products like creams and oils contain a lot of antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamin E that helps in treating inflammation, dryness, fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots.
- Inflammation: CBD creams have anti-inflammatory properties, and the transdermal version of creams helps in reducing inflammation and pain thus, making it a treatment for various skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea.
How would you choose the correct CBD skin care cream?
There are multiple CBD skin care creams available in the market and mostly all creams are oil-based. These CBD-infused skincare creams are formulated by using CBD oil of full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or isolate.
In full-spectrum CBD creams, we will find every compound available in hemp (including THC traces). Whereas, CBD broad-spectrum creams consist of a wide range of terpenes, flavonoids, and cannabinoids derived from the plant hemp (which does not include THC traces). While CBD isolate compound is CBD’s purest version.
These forms of CBD creams are the best for your skin and beauty as they are pure in nature, non-comedogenic (do not clog skin pores), and it is full of antioxidants that will help rejuvenate your facial skin.
One should always buy products that mention hemp extract, cannabidiol, broad-spectrum, hemp CBD, or full-spectrum CBD on the item’s or cream’s label. Do not get confused between cannabis oil or hemp seed oil and CBD oil-based cream as they are not similar in nature. Lastly, you need to determine the percentage or amount of CBD in the particular CBD cream. For example, if you are searching for pain relief CBD cream, the CBD amount is required to be higher in that case in order to show its effectiveness.
CBD cream’s anti-inflammation properties and antioxidants play a very important role in the skincare segment. I hope by now you are clear with the concept of CBD skincare and especially CBD cream.