Disney+ announced that five new episodes for the original series “Behind the Attraction” are coming to the streaming service later this month! The series is executive produced by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia, Brian Gewirtz and Kevin Hill from Seven Bucks Productions, Brian Volk-Weiss, Robin Henry and Cisco Henson from The Nacelle Company. Volk-Weiss directs.
These additional episodes will center on the following attractions: the iconic park castles, the Disneyland Hotel; It’s A Small World; trains, trams & Monorails, and the Hall of Presidents.
Check out the descriptions:
- “The Castles” – Castles are at the heart of Disney Parks around the world. The original at Disneyland® Resort in California quickly became a symbol of The Walt Disney Company on par with Mickey Mouse. Hear the unique story behind each one and learn how Imagineers designed and built them.
- “Disneyland Hotel” – Disneyland® Resort with no hotel — what?! It almost happened. Check in to see how Walt got it built.
- “it’s a small world” -It all began at the 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair! If a chance encounter between an Academy Award®-winning actress and Walt Disney hadn’t taken place, this beloved attraction might never have been created.
- “Trains, Trams, and Monorails” -All aboard! Everything moves at Disney Parks, especially the guests — by land, water, and air! Walt loved locomotion of all kinds — trains, trams, monorails, and boats. They’re all fun, but Walt also believed the monorail could help cities end traffic.
- “Hall of Presidents” -This unprecedented presidential attraction in Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom brings our commanders in chief to life. Walt created the world’s first human Audio-Animatronics® figure based on his childhood hero, Abraham Lincoln.
Narrated by Paget Brewster (“Criminal Minds”), the 10-part series gives viewers an exclusive peek “behind the curtain” of the most beloved attractions and destinations at Disney Parks and Resorts around the world, from Jungle Cruise to “it’s a small world” to the Haunted Mansion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. “Behind the Attraction” delves into Disney Parks’ rich, amazing history using archival and never-before-seen footage and photographs to unveil how the attractions came to be and how they’ve been refined over the years as new ideas surface and technology evolves.
The following episodes are currently available on Disney+: Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Star Tours, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and Space Mountain.
The 5 new episodes will hit Disney+ on Wednesday, August 25th 2021.