Installation of metal-plastic windows is an important process, on which the operational capabilities and durability of the window depend (with proper installation, the plastic will not allow moisture to pass through and be influenced by weather conditions). Replacing a window in an apartment, house, cottage, or industrial premises requires the hand of a professional, the cost of replacement windows in San Rafael will be higher than installing it yourself, however, without certain skills, it is almost impossible to perform a number of works with high quality.
The process of window replacement project includes several stages:
- preparatory work;
- dismantling the old frame;
- installation of PVC-profile windows;
- installation of slopes and finishing accessories (the last decoration is optional).
The average cost of replacement windows in San Rafael is between $650 and $1,500 for a window. The price of installing plastic structures depends on the complexity of the installation, the volume of the order. All details are discussed individually with the customer.
How much is the bay windows replacement cost?
Bay window plastic windows are placed on convex architectural elements of a rounded shape. In fact, they consist of a certain number of conventional narrow-format windows and are connected using a special rigid profile (bay window). In this case, the angle calculated according to the diameter of the wall curvature is respected. Bay windows have difficulty in correctly connecting the elements of the cornice and the window sill.
The selection and subsequent installation of bay window structures is possible only after all the necessary measurements have been taken.
The cost of replacing depends on the following factors:
- Type of window profiles and glass units;
- Sash type (open / blind);
- Installation of locking fittings that increase burglary resistance;
- Additional decorative elements that affect the appearance.
- The accuracy of measurements plays an important role in the manufacture of future window systems, since even small errors can lead to complete non-compliance.
Installation of bay windows is more laborious and differs from the installation of standard windows. Well-installed windows require subsequent waterproofing of all seams in order to protect the room from moisture penetration and blowing.
The whole process is carried out in stages, which affect the cost:
- Removing old windows;
- Preparation of the window opening for further work, its alignment and cleaning;
- Preparation of a new glass unit;
- Installation of the necessary fasteners;
- Installation of frames;
- Sash assembly and adjustment;
- Installation of the selected fittings;
- Waterproofing joints;
- Installation of window sills.
When installing bay windows in private houses, special attention is paid to the installation of slopes, since the ingress of moisture into the bay window tube has a destructive effect on the entire structure. All window systems exactly follow the proportions of window openings.
Bay windows visually expand the space, create a beautiful view and improve insolation, due to the large amount of natural light from the sun entering the room. It is a decoration of the facade of the house and a wonderful natural addition to interior design in any style.