Disney clearly learned from their merchandising mistakes last year, not having enough items for their live-action “Star Wars” series, “The Mandalorian,” to keep up with demand. Usually one to learn from such things- this means we’re getting Mando Mondays to make up for it this October.
Announced yesterday by way of a youtube video, we see some of the items likely to be revealed in the coming weeks.
Watch the video here.
Disney and Lucasfilm today announced “Mando Mondays,” an all-new global consumer products, games, and publishing program kicking off on October 26, that will debut goods inspired by the show.
After fans experience the latest episode every Friday on Disney+, they can visit MandoMondays.com each Monday to see what new toys, collectibles, apparel, books, comics, digital content, and more will be unveiled. Mando Mondays will run for nine weeks, culminating on December 21.
“When The Mandalorian debuted last year on Disney+, the show became an instant phenomenon, with fans of all ages expressing excitement for products related to its iconic characters — particularly the Child,” said Kareem Daniel, president, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing. “This fall, as the world continues to watch the narrative unfold, we will further bring this unique Star Wars story to life through a must-have selection of toys, books, comics, digital content, and more.”
To celebrate this announcement, select pre-orders for the first wave of Mando Mondays products will kick off today at 1 p.m. PT and 4 p.m. ET across top retailers globally, including shopDisney.com. Get your first look at some of the new pre-orders below — with even more available on MandoMondays.com!
Products available for pre-order today include Hasbro’s The Black Series Credit Collection, with The Mandalorian, Cara Dune, and IG-11 among other figures in the highly-detailed 6-inch-scale line.
You can also pre-order new Funko Pop! bobbleheads, including the Mandalorian flying off with the Child in tow, a Gamorrean fighter, and The Child in a bag.
Pre-order your own “asset” with the LEGO Star Wars The Child construction set, a Legends in 3D ½ Scale Bust of the Child from Gentle Giant Ltd., and The Mandalorian Premium Format Figure from Sideshow.
And over on Amazon, The Mandalorian edition of Monopoly is available now.
- INSPIRED BY THE TV SERIES: This Monopoly: Star Wars The Mandalorian edition board game is inspired by the The Mandalorian live-action TV series on Disney Plus
- MONOPOLY TOKENS: The Mandalorian fans can play as a favorite character from the series: The Mandalorian, Cara Dune, IG-11, or Kuiil. Each character has a special ability depicted on their Character card
- THE CHILD: When a player passes or lands on The Child’s space, (the character who fans call “Baby Yoda”) they take the Child token and can use their character’s ability plus The Child’s unique ability
- BATTLE IMPERIAL ENEMIES: Includes an Incinerator Stormtrooper, Death Trooper, and Moff Gideon enemy tokens that can change gameplay and lead to battles. If an Imperial enemy gets The Child, game’s over
- BUY HIDEOUTS: Buy hideouts and earn Imperial credits by charging rent
You can pick up your copy here.
Also available today, LEGO’s official The Child set is live for pre-orders!
1,073-piece set includes a gearshift knob element – the Child’s favorite toy – which can be placed in its hand, plus an information sign and the Child LEGO® minifigure to complete a delightful display.
Pre order Baby Yoda on LEGO’s official website here.
As always, we’ll let you know when and where new “Star Wars” and “The Mandalorian” items are available.
The series returns for a second season on October 30th, only on Disney+.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning when you click the link and make a purchase, we receive a commission, which helps Nerdbot keep the lights on.