A Raspberry Pi single-board computer and the materials and components required to make a robot are included in Raspberry Pi robot kits. Robotics may be performed on the Raspberry Pi, a tiny, inexpensive computer with a range of other uses. Various Raspberry Pi robot kits are available, ranging from basic kits with just a few simple components to more complex kits with a lot of parts and sensors. While some kits include pre-designed blueprints for making a certain kind of robot, others let the user design and construct their customized robot from the beginning. Many educational, recreational, and scientific applications employ Raspberry Pi robot kits.
Petoi Nybble robot cat – MSRP $299
Petoi Nybble is an open-source and configurable quadruped robot cat. Nybble can move, play, and express emotions. Nybble also exemplifies a lot of great things you can accomplish on your own because it is programmable. Your cat can learn new instructions from the experiments you design. You can experiment with your Nybble’s design to alter, enhance, or transfer your cat into the behavior you choose. Built on an open-source framework, Nybble offers countless opportunities for “teaching” it new skills, behaviors, and CAT-itude as you program it and guide its development.
The 3D puzzle wooden frame is simple to put together but yet takes time and attention to detail, making it ideal for students of all ages. There are almost unlimited options once you put your cat together. It even has lifelike motions and looks “quite attractive.”
Features of the Petoi Nybble are:
- Highly extensible with Raspberry Pi & Arduino ecosystem
- AI chip (Raspberry Pi)
- Screw-free interlocking puzzle frame
- A Robotic/STEM kit with so many possibilities for educators, students, and engineers.
- Highly programmable for lifelike behaviors
- C++ & Python robotics kit
Petoi Bittle Robotic Dog – MSRP $269
A little yet mighty robot named Petoi Bittle can do stunts much like actual animals. The developer Petoi made every adjustment possible to provide Bittle as an open source quadruped robot kit with dynamic movement. Bittle is the ideal tool for studying, teaching, researching, or giving a surprising present to astonish loved ones.
Bittle is a platform that allows the fusion of several producers’ devices into a single organic system. You may clip on other sensors to provide perception while our specialized Arduino board controls all automatic and deliberate actions. By attaching a Raspberry Pi or other AI chips via wired or wireless connections, you might also add artificial intelligence capabilities such as voice commands.
The NyBoard V1 is the Arduino board that powers Bittle. It has a multitude of peripherals. To control complex motions, we made full use of the microprocessor in a normal Arduino Uno.
Highlighting characteristics of Petoi Bittle are as follow:
- Robotics, STEAM, STEM, and coding education
- Free block-based programming and C++ curriculum are available for anybody to use to learn robotics.
- Highly extensible with Raspberry Pi & Arduino ecosystem
- Scratch, C++ & Python robotics kit
Raspberry Pi Smart Car Kit (Picar-S) – MSRP $95.99
Anyone can study robotic technology and IoT coding in a fun way with the PiCar-S, an open-source robotic learning kit for the Raspberry Pi. You may have a better grasp of how to configure the car’s controls by using three sensor modules, including ultrasonic obstacle detection, light follower, and line follower.
This robotic car comes with Python code, and using Dragit, a Snap-based visual interface, you can program and inspect it by simply moving and dropping the code blocks for even more complicated functions.
The Main Characteristics of the Raspberry Pi Smart Car Kit (Picar-S) are:
- Compatible with almost any Raspberry Pi model -A full-featured Raspberry Pi robot kit for STEM education
- Different sensors – The Picar-S has three sensor modules, comprising ultrasonic obstacle detection, light followers, and line follower.
- Easy to operate – Professionally written user guide and available video to create your own sensor vehicle robot.
- Ultrasonic obstacle detection sensors
SunFounder Smart Video Car Kit – MSRP $115
An open-source robot learning kit built around the Raspberry Pi is called the SunFounder Smart Video Car for Raspberry Pi 3/2/B+. It is robust and comes with a broad USB webcam, three entirely new circuit boards, and less but simpler cabling and can record live. To operate the car, a well-designed framework with a few acrylic plates and comprehensive code is appropriate for almost all platforms.
The vehicles come with Python code, and using Dragit, a Snap-based graphic interface, you can program and debug it by simply moving and dropping the code blocks for complicated routines.
You can direct the car and the direction of the camera also on UI and visualize the images it captures in real-time using the app on a PC (which runs on any OS), or you can use the related code to understand these very same features on a web browser, making it compatible with all mobile devices like phones and tablets.
The main features of this Raspberry Pi Robot Kit are:
- Raspberry Pi-based robot-learning kit
- Contains a 120° Broad USB Camera
- Operated remotely using the PC’s UI or a web browser
The Yahboom Raspberry Pi Tank Robot – MSRP $138.99
The Yahboom Raspberry Pi Tank Robot’s core controller is the newest Raspberry Pi 4B microcontroller board. The car uses a blue aluminum frame, premium wheels, a 370 horsepower motor, and metal linkage. Under the assumption that there is enough friction, a car’s wheel can rise up to 60 ° when the motor propels it to rotate quickly.
The ability to transmit live video is an essential feature of this Raspberry Pi tank. In order to guarantee that high-quality video can be sent in real-time on a mobile APP or PC, it employs a 2DOF camera pan/tilt, an HD USB webcam, and a 5G Wifi connection that integrates with the Raspberry Pi. Additionally, it can use the camera to accomplish some AI recognition tasks.
The main characteristics of the Yahboom Raspberry Pi Tank Robot are:
- 5G HD video transmission in real-time
- The maximum climbing angle on a friction surface is 60°.
- Python and C++ robot programming on a Raspberry Pi 4B
- Enables four different control modes
- AI features such as face identification, and tracking, color, object, gesture, and QR code recognition are included in the updated kit.
There are many different forms of robotics kits integrating with Raspberry Pi. I hope you find this list useful for selecting your next Raspberry Pi robot kit, whether it’s a robot cat, robot dog, robot car, or robot tank.