The palette comes in a CD-style case graced with the cover art from “Follow the Leader.” The case contains a ring of 8 different tones of “tracks” that are each inspired by the band’s staple 3rd album. The colors are made up of soft mattes, pigmented shimmers, and easy-to-blend glitters.
Track Shade Descriptions:
- “My Gift to You” – Olive Beetle – Shifter
- “Dead Bodies Everywhere” – Vintage Sepia – Glitter
- “Pretty” – Slashed & Silver – Glitter
- “Freak on a Leash” – Black – Matte
- “Got the Life” – Sunset Copper – Shimmer
- “Children of the Korn” – Beige – Matte
- “It’s On!” – Dirt Brown – Matte
- “Seed” – Off-White Pink – Matte
“We’ve teamed up with HipDot to create an exclusive ‘Follow The Leader’ CD makeup palette ahead of the 25th anniversary this summer,” the band said. “This palette consists of 8 amazing ‘tracks’ of various, pigmented textures… Our KoRn x HipDot ‘Follow The Leader’ collection is vegan, free of harmful ingredients, certified cruelty-free, and curated to embrace all skin tones.”
We know a cruelty-free moniker means a lot to an animal lover like lead singer Jonathan Davis. Between the hot sauce, Freak on a Leash pet line, and now this, is it possible Korn is taking the Kiss-style approach to marketing? I’m personally looking forward to caskets and condoms.
While the first run has already sold out, don’t worry. You can sign up for Hipdot’s mailing list so you’ll be among the first to know when the “Follow the Leader” line is restocked.