How Do I Troubleshoot Linksys Router Issues?
Have you noticed that your Linksys router stops operating after a power outage? You’re not alone if this has happened to you. When the electricity goes out, all equipment that runs on an electric current shuts down, and your router is no exception to this rule.
Even though a power outage is the most common reason for a router’s inactivity, there are other factors to consider. A reset can occasionally result in the same outcome.
Because these issues are all too typical, we’ve compiled a step-by-step guide to assist you through how to set up a router & what to do if your Linksys router stops working.
How to Fix a Variety of Problems in Your Home
What should I do if my Linksys router won’t start after a reset?
1. Increase the amount of power cycling.
The router’s Power LED will continue to flash for a few seconds after executing the reset. If it isn’t stable within a minute, however, power cycle it. Simply remove the power cable from the wall outlet and wait 30 seconds before reconnecting it.
2. Check the DHCP server connection.
If that doesn’t work, it’s possible you’ve configured a static IP address for your device and the DHCP server is still enabled. If you can’t access your router’s setup page, go to the web-based version. In a browser, go to http://192.168.1.1 and log in with your credentials as usual.
You can check if this option is available on the device’s settings. If you found your way here, there’s a good chance you have access to it. Here are the procedures for making use of it. Examine whether this function is switched on. If it’s on, turn it off and see if your IP address changes. It should work
If the connection is dynamic, try restarting DHCP. The DHCP server should be kept active in this situation. It will only turn your router into a switch by deactivating it; therefore, you must keep it active to allow one computer to connect to the Internet.
3. To establish an Internet connection, use the default gateway.
- To access the Run command box, press and hold down the Windows key and R keys at the same time.
- Go to command prompt
- Then, open the command line and type ipconfig.
- The default gateway will be displayed.
- Put the displayed gateway into the browser
- Enter your credentials once it asks for your username and password.
- You should now be able to connect to the Internet. After you’ve entered your username and password, the computer should accept a connection.
If you connect to the Internet via your modem rather than through your router, these instructions may be of assistance. Connect the cable from your modem to the router and then to your computer using a LAN connection. Look for “default gateway” on your Windows system.
Please do not hesitate to leave any questions or ideas in the comments area below if you have any more.
How do I fix a Linksys router that won’t work after being cut off from electricity?
1. Restart Your Router
- Disconnect the router from the power and examine the power supply.
- Remove all connections from the router.
- Then, reconnect them and double-check that the connections are correct.
2. Ensure that your IP addresses are renewed and released.
If your router won’t stay connected for more than a few minutes after restarting, it’s time to move on to the next stage. Reinstall your modem and reconnect everything according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
If this doesn’t work, try restarting your router and modem. You may also restart your computer if necessary.
Shut off all of your devices, including computers, routers, and modems. Allow one minute for your ISP modem to come back on after shutting it down. When the status lights show that it’s ready, turn on the router as well. Finally, switch on your machines after a 60-second wait.
3. Make a duplicate of the computer’s MAC address.
- Go to the Settings menu and then to MAC Address Clone.
- The next step is to enter the browser-based utility
- Browser Setup
- Go to the option Clone page.
- Click and Enable it.
- Change the MAC address of your old router to 12 digits. or browse the Clone My PC’s MAC
- Save Settings
In an Ethernet network, a table is maintained to determine which MAC corresponds to which IP. As a result of the power outage, your ISP may have shut down your home network.
As a result, you’ll be able to restore the settings that have been lost by accident. You should now copy the MAC address that was initially set up. After that, turn everything off and double-check that it’s in proper working order.
4. Enable Factory Reset Of Your Router
You may also try restoring the Linksys router to its original factory settings. While the router’s Power LED is blinking, press and hold the Reset button. Finally, keep it pressed for 30 seconds
In this article, we have discussed the most common issues that a user comes across. We have introduced steps to follow and resolve the problem easily.
By reading the information given in this guide, a user will be able to escape from problematic situations.