Every Halloween, the powers that be at The Home Depot outdo themselves with incredible spooky season offerings. 2021 has already seen the return of the 15-foot skeleton, along with a new variant to keep him company. But this one, this new amazing animatronic, really takes the cake.
Inspired by Greek mythology’s Ferryman of the Dead, this freaking 5.4-foot tall 8-foot long moving Charon is ready to take you across the River Styx into Tartarus.
Listed as the Ferry of the Dead, The Home Depot describes him:
Bring a sea of despair to your demonic domicile with this Ferry of the Dead animatronic. The Grim Reaper’s shadowy figure looms large over the battered boat, inviting petrified partygoers on a perilous passage. An LED lantern adds a supernatural glow, and rowing motions make it look as though Death is slowly racing toward you. Compatible with both AAA battery power and UL adapter power, this sullen stranger rows without stopping. This Ferry of the Dead animatronic features a sound sensor to trigger motion and creepy sound effects, eliciting screams of terror from guests.
- Sound sensor activates movements for interactive frights
- Spooky sound effects haunt your Halloween happenings
- 64-in. H creates an imposing look for your front yard or large living room
- LED lantern adds an eerie glow to beckon unsuspecting guests
- Battery operation and UL adapter power this otherworldly entity
You can see Charon and other 2021 Halloween offerings in this handy video from The Home Depot: