Nerdbot would like to thank MunchPak for providing us with a box of delicious international treats to review!
When you have work up to your eyeballs and just need a quick snack to help soothe the pain of reality, it’s best to make sure you indulge in something fun. Something that not only tastes delicious, but something that might make your brain tick as well. And what’s a better way to make the mind bend than by breaking out of your comfort zone and snacking on some treats from AROUND THE WORLD!
Great segue, right?
But in all seriousness, part of being a nerd is the hunger and thirst for knowledge! And if you can acquire knowledge of a thing and get to be the one to tell someone new all about it, that’s even double as much fun! Which is why when we at Nerdbot had the opportunity to taste some slightly familiar yet totally different snacks from our buddies over at MunchPak, we jumped at the opportunity!
Because really– who says no to food?
Pictured above are the awesome treats MunchPak sent us! We have:
- Hot and Sour Doritos from Israel
- Delicitos Jalapeno crunch nuggets from Brazil
- Sweet curry Cheetos from South Korea
- Almost Yan-Yan (biscuit sticks and dipping chocolate) from South Korea
- A FREAKIN’ PICKLE RICK from the USA
- Kiwi flavored Hi-Chew from the USA (though Hi-Chew were originally Japanese)
- Gizi Cheese crackers from Turkey
- Sour Dudes from Turkey
- Stinger Chocolate Mint Waffle Cookie from Canada
- Milkis Melon Soda from Japan
We played an intense game of “Ready, Set, Eat” while all of us Nerdbots dove in and handled these amazing international snacks with a vengeance.
As you can see, we had a blast getting down on MunchPak! But some snacks stood out more than others. Here were some of our thoughts:
- Hot and Sour Doritos from Israel: Sort of sour cream and sort of Cool Ranch, these chips were crunchy and tasty, but nothing about them blasted our mouths.
- Delicitos Jalapeno crunch nuggets from Brazil: These were amazing. A truly spicy little nugget with a legitimate Jalapeno flavor.
- Cheetos from South Korea: These Korean Cheetos had a familiar sweet aftertaste that’s pretty common if you’ve had Korean snacks before. Sort of curry, sort of spicy sweet, but still a really fun take on a familiar treat.
- Almost Yan-Yan (biscuit sticks and dipping chocolate) from South Korea: We hate to say, but we all agreed these were weird. The dipping chocolate isn’t as tasty as its Japanese counter part, and the crunchy little sprinkles you’re supposed to dip the coated biscuit in for extra crunch ended up looking like larva.
- A FREAKIN’ PICKLE RICK from the USA: A huge, mighty pickle floating in suspension. More of a novelty because of Rick and Morty, but it was a totally average pickle.
- Kiwi flavored Hi-Chew from the USA (though Hi-Chew were originally Japanese): My daughter, Baby-bot, ate these all before the rest of the Nerdbots could get their hands on them. That’s good.
- Gizi Cheese crackers from Turkey: Super delicious, buttery and crisp cracker with a subtle cheese note. These were great!
- Sour Dudes from Turkey: Ultimately, these were the same as American Sour Straws. While everyone at Nerdbot agreed these were pretty good, I’m not allowed to eat them because for some reason, sour straws make me choke. Like a dumb baby.
- Stinger Chocolate Mint Waffle Cookie from Canada: While the Nerdbot crew liked the flavor of this treat, everyone agreed that the texture was too soft. It would have benefited from having a harder biscuit or something crunchy covered in all that chocolate mint.
- Milkis Melon Soda from Japan: It was so nice that MunchPak included something to wash down the fun! This soda smelled (and apparently tasted) exactly like bubblegum. Which according to the taste tester who cracked it open and ran away with it, is a very good thing.