Visit Kerala, God’s Own Country for your next vacation. You can thoroughly rejuvenate and charge yourself. Take your friends, family, or partner for a memorable trip through the Western Ghats mountains, palm-fringed spectacular beaches, serene backwaters, and verdant tea, coffee, and spice plantations. You can even be a part of the vibrant festivals, customs, traditions, and culture. The art forms, music, and dance of Kerala also capture your attention. Cherish a host of recreational activities that suit every kind of traveler.
Since Kerala is well-connected by road, air, and rail, it witnesses a humongous amount of footfall throughout the year. As such, you can invest in any one of the extensive Kerala holiday Packages for holidaying.
Listed below are 8 reasons to visit Kerala:
- Kerala backwaters: You can witness the pictographic green backdrop, and stretches of tranquility and freshness all over Kerala. The labyrinthine network of brackish lagoons covers almost 900 km of waterways. It is also the largest freshwater source in Kerala. You can take a boat ride along the serene waters. Moreover, you can spend the night on a private houseboat with meals. You can watch the villagers working at the edge of the water, rich marine flora and fauna, wildlife, and workers in the paddy fields. Take a tour of the famous Cherai Island backwaters, Alleppey backwaters, Kuttanad backwaters, Padanna backwaters, and Kumarakom backwaters.
- Hill Stations: Kerala is renowned for its dreamy hill stations. You can escape the scorching summer heat amidst the finest charm of the Western Ghats. Replete with tea, coffee, and spice plantations, ancient caves, wide-ranging wildlife, and majestic waterfalls, Wayanad will entice you with its biodiversity. Visit Munnar for its craggy peaks, lush greenery, and protected reserves and parks. Take a boat ride or try zip-lining in the exotic small hill station of Lakkidi. Try trekking Agasthyarkoodam, the highest peak of Ponmudi. Vithura is an offbeat place with scenic grandeur and magnificent quietude. You can witness the exotic Neelakurinji flower that blooms once in 12 years.
- Kerala Beaches: Instead of going to the over-crowded beaches of Goa, you should visit the clean and compelling beaches of Kerala. You can spend some wonderful time alone or with your group. Acquire excellent views of the endless sea and cherish a plethora of water sports. You can perform parasailing, jet skiing, kayaking, surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling, and canoeing. On a hammock, you can sunbathe and relax. Bekal Beach offers you excellent vistas of the ancient Bekal fort. For a gorgeous dusk and dawn view, head on to Cherai Beach. Come to Varkala Beach for its hippie vibes. You can love Alappuzha Beach, the Venice of the East.
- Wildlife: Kerala abounds with diverse species of wildlife. It even makes efforts to preserve and conserve endangered lives. There are 14 wildlife sanctuaries and two tiger reserves. There are six national parks. Many are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. You can come across aged moss-laden trees, rare birds, deep-rooted mangroves, and exotic animals. Visit the Periyar National Park, one of the largest sanctuaries. You can also tour the Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Peppara Wildlife Sanctuary, Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary, and Aralam Wildlife Sanctuary. Encounter wild cats, lion-tailed macaques, snow leopards, Malabar giant squirrels, and sloth bears. You can take safari rides to explore the jungles to the fullest.
- Plantations: The verdant slopes of the Western Ghats abound in historic spice, tea, and coffee plantations. You can view the mesmerizing vistas of tea gardens on the undulating hills. Perched at great heights, the green carpeted field looks spectacular. After the monsoons the gardens look ethereal, fetching you the sheer pleasure of great views. The strong aroma is so refreshing. You can sample freshly grown spices, tea, and coffee. Also, purchase some to take back home. The largest estates lie in Wayanad, Munnar, and Periyar. Visit the country’s 1st tea museum in the Kannan Devan Hills Plantations. Kolukkumalai Tea Plantation is the highest tea plantation in the world.
- Festivals: You shouldn’t miss the burst of vibrant colors and cultures during the grand celebrations of festivals and events. The graceful display of tradition is worth visiting. You can be a part of lavish parades, bright masks, music and dance, sacred rituals, and snake boat racing. Onam is a 10-day harvest festival and is the most popular. Vihu, Thrissur Pooram, Christmas, Thiruvathira, Attukal Pongala, and Theyyam are celebrated on a grand scale. Theyyam is an 800-year-old dance ritual highlighting Indian folklore and legends. You can even chill out with the unique and innovative yoga, walking, and Ayurveda festivals. Undoubtedly, you get a magical opportunity to click some of the best photos.
- Ayurveda: Kerala is the only state where Ayurveda is first considered as a medicine. Ayurveda works on the interrelated relationships between the body and the mind. Kerala thus benefits from its closeness to nature. Panchkarma, using milk, a special diet, herbs, and medicated oils, is a popular treatment. This holistic science can restore your mind, body, and soul. It cures ailments and calms nerves. The ayurvedic treatment is strongly related to Kalaripayattu, an ancient martial art form. Kalari uses different exercises and oil massages to cure diseases. The advancement in this field has made Kerala one of the prime ayurvedic tourist destinations.
- Food: When you visit Kerala, you should taste the aromatic and delicious Malayali cuisine. It is heavily inspired by the Arabic, French, and Malabari cultures. However, it retains its uniqueness. Being a coastal city, coconut is the main ingredient in the recipes. Try authentic dishes, made of coconut, curry leaves, and mustard seeds. It liberally uses spices. You will be splurged with choices for both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. You should even taste the mouth-watering seafood. Be it fish or meat, dosa or appam, you can savor them all. You can participate in the local cooking demonstration.
Thus, when you procure a tour package from an experienced and reputed company, you can travel hassle-free. You can capture Kerala’s true essence within your time frame. It also frames a program befitting your budget and taste. Moreover, with attractive discounts, you can maximize your enjoyment. And you can also enjoy Kerala honeymoon packages.