In violation of federal law, sports betting is put on hold in Florida. As per the judicial statement, only the Seminole tribe has been given online sports betting rights. It should also be noted that as per the amendment, the hold is put on only on casino gambling, not on legal sports betting.
For all the betting lovers, through the Bookies.com website, all the updates about the games happening in Florida can be viewed. All the ratings, reviews, and latest developments related to gambling and sports events are displayed over this website on Florida Sports Betting.
Rules and Regulations for Betting in Florida
- The minimum age of the betting player should be 21 years. The people below this age criteria are not allowed to do the betting. A government ID proof needs to be verified before playing online gambling.
- For the state of the Seminole tribe, the Florida government has granted exclusive rights for betting operations.
- From the Seminole tribe, the state of Florida is going to receive $6 billion in the next decade. In the initial five years, a minimum of $2.5 billion dollars needs to be given as per the agreement. All these revenues need to be given by the online gambling operators.
- In the Florida State only Seminoles and Florida Gators are allowed to do betting on college sports. Although prop wagering is strictly prohibited in these two areas also.
- A 13.75% of shared-revenue needs to be paid by the tribe for legalizing sports betting.
- Daily fantasy sports are also legalized as part of the deal.
- 40 % of the revenue earned will be going to the tribe and the remaining 60% will go to the Florida pari-mutuel operators and sportsbook brands.
Is Online Betting Legal in Florida
The Seminole tribe has been given the exclusive rights to do online gambling in May 2021. For a payment exchange of at least $500 million per year, online sports betting has been approved. Through the Indian Regulatory gaming act, all online bets need to be processed only through the computer servers located in the tribe.
Florida Education Champions backed by national operators DraftKings sportsbook and FanDuel sportsbook have a proposed 2022 constitutional amendment plan that would legalize online sports betting and in-person wagering at sports venues and pari-mutuel facilities all over Florida.
Here, we are going to discuss some of the online sportsbooks that are most likely to launch in Florida:
- HardRock SportsBook: In the Seminole Tribe, the Hard Rock is already operating. Apart from it, it is operating in three other states including New Jersey.
- DraftKings SportsBook: If the proposed constitutional 2022 amendment gets passed, then it would allow more online platforms and in-person betting locations in Florida.
- FanDuel SportsBook: From daily fantasy sports to dominant sports, FanDuel application is user-friendly and provides a number of promotions.
- Caesars SportsBook: In the Broward County of Florida market, the Caesars are already operating as the owner of Isle Casino Pompano Park. After the completion of the legalized process, Caesars will be expanding online and they will be more accessible than ever in Florida.
Terms and Conditions For Betting Operators in Florida:
All the above betting sites are highly reputed and well-organized. Betting through all these platforms can be considered safe and secure. The background of the betting application should be strong, must be able to resolve any problem, and should be able to provide customer service.
Only those betting operators will be allowed to do betting in Florida who have a legal license, authorization to do the operations, and are responsible for handling any kind of problem if it happens during the gambling.
Types of Online SportBook Going to Get Offered in Florida:
In-game betting, Parlays, Moneyline wagers, Point Spread Bets and Total are among the most popular bets. All these bets will be allowed to operate fully in Florida after the new amendment gets passed.
In all the major sports leagues, the betting players can do the betting in Florida. For example, in the NFL and NCAA league for football, the players can bet. For basketball too, betting on the NBA, WNBA, and NCAA will be allowed. Soccer lovers can bet on MLS, English Premier League, Bundesliga, and many others.
Top College teams of Florida
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Miami Heat, University of Florida are some of the top college teams of Florida. Therefore, it would be highly interesting once betting is allowed in Florida.
Having a Safe and Secure Gambling
The reason behind putting a hold on online gambling is that it was not safe and secure in Florida. Many non-legal operators were operating. For the strict action against the non-legalized operators and for the safety purpose, online gambling has been prohibited. For any kind of help, the Florida government has provided some good counseling services like that of National Problem Gambling Helpline, Florida Council on Compulsive Gambling, and Florida Department of Health. You can easily reach out to any of these departments regarding any question or problem-related to online gambling.