We can’t get over this incredibly detailed Rancor prop replica coming from Regal Robot. Seriously. She’s just beautiful and disgusting and spectacular. And- with a super limited release of only 83 pieces signed by the legendary Phil Tippett, she’ll go fast.
Perhaps you’ll best remember the creature from 1983’s “Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi” chained in the basement of Jabba’s Palace on Tatooine. Poor Oola.
Here’s what Regal Robot has to say:
Regal Robot is proud to unveil this FIRST LOOK at our incredible Rancor Prop Replica! This extremely limited edition of just 83 pieces was created with a highly detailed laser scan of the original prop puppet used in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi™. Our resin replica statue faithfully captures the classic creature from the film and this signature edition will include a hand-numbered plaque signed by legendary character creator and Rancor puppet performer, Phil Tippett!
- Limited Signature edition of just 83 pieces.
- Hand-numbered plaque, hand signed by Phil Tippett
- Resin replica, developed with a 3D scan and extensive, first-hand examination of the original prop puppet.
- 1:1 to the original prop puppet. Includes a museum style base for a total approximate height of 20.75″
- Hand detailed and hand painted by our professional FX artists, making each a unique work of art.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- For this item, we’re offering a special extended payment plan in 6 monthly installments. See here for full payment plan details.
“When Star Wars: Return of the Jedi debuted and the Rancor first appeared in that cave below the throne room of Jabba the Hutt™, I was mesmerized! The classic, behind-the-scenes documentaries showcasing the work of Phil Tippett’s creature shop during the production of that 1983 film were a big part of what led me to a life in the world of FX and movie monsters.
I’m so excited to have Phil as a part of this run and signing plaques for the collectors bringing this unique replica home. Our goal is for our static resin replica to be the closest recreation of that original puppet possible, with laser-scanned details and layered hand paint like the prop, capturing the feel and style of classic movie effects work.
After well over a year of development, we’re all so proud debut this piece and I can’t wait to see it in the collections of discerning prop and statue fans and Star Wars collectors!”
– Tom Spina (Regal Robot founder)
The Rancor will be available to order starting October 5th 2020, at noon (EST). More details are available by signing up for Regal Robot’s mailing list, and following their website for updates.