We’re mere weeks away from October, which means all the streaming services are starting to slowly reveal their programming slate for Spooky Season! Here is a list of everything in “Netflix and Chills” you can expect to see during the month of Halloween.
#Alive – Now Streaming
- Oh Jun-u wakes up and finds a note from his mom that says his family went on vacation without him. He turns on TV and the news anchor says that an outbreak is spreading nationwide, with the infected showing signs of cannibalism. Suddenly wifi is disconnected and what Jun-u can only hear is his father’s message that he must stay alive. The world goes crazy and everything is destroyed by the zombies. After more than 15 days without any social connection, Jun-u notices a laser beam coming from outside of his balcony window. Kim Yu-bin who lives on the other side of the apartment complex is the one with the laser pointer. They try to communicate using hand signals, determined to find ways to escape from an apartment complex which is now full of zombies.
- Starring: Yoo Ah In, Park Shin Hye, Lee Hyun Wook, So Hee Jung, Jeon Bae Soo, Kim Hak Seon, Lee Chae Kyung, Joo Bo Bi and Jin So Yeon
- Based on an original script by: Matt Naylor
- Directed by: Il Cho
- Produced by: Zip Cinema and Perspective Pictures
The Babysitter: Killer Queen – September 10th
- Two years after defeating a satanic cult led by his babysitter Bee, Cole continues to be haunted by the horrific events of that night. Everyone in his life thinks he has lost his mind since Bee and all of her friends disappeared, making Cole’s story hard to believe. He is still hopelessly smitten with his best friend and next door neighbor Melanie – the only one who believes his story – who convinces him to forget the past and come to a party thrown at a nearby lake. But when old enemies unexpectedly return, Cole will once again have to outsmart the forces of evil and survive the night.
- Directed by: McG
- Written by: Dan Lagana and Brad Morris & Jimmy Warden and McG
- Based on Characters Created by: Brian Duffield
- Produced by: McG, p.g.a., Mary Viola, p.g.a., Zack Schiller
- Starring: Judah Lewis, Emily Alyn Lind, Jenna Ortega, Robbie Amell, Andrew Bachelor, Leslie Bibb, Hana Mae Lee, Bella Thorne, Ken Marino, Chris Wylde, Carl McDowell, Juliocesar Chavez, Maximilian Acevedo, Jennifer Foster, Helen Hong
The Paramedic – September 16th
- After an accident leaves him confined to a wheelchair and wallowing in depression unable to face his new life, Angel decides to channel his rage, getting even with those who, in his eyes, have betrayed him. Particularly the woman who left him when he needed her the most.
- Starring: Mario Casas, Déborah François, Guillermo Pfening, Celso Bugallo, Pol Monen, Raúl Jiménez and María Rodríguez
- Directed by: Carles Torras
- Produced by: Babieka Entertainment in collaboration with Zabriskie Films, Jordi Roca, Sergio Adrià and Santi Lapeira
- Executive Produced by: Denis Pedregosa and Orlando Pedregosa
- Written by: Carles Torras, Héctor H. Vicens and David Desola
The Binding – October 2nd
- While visiting her fiancé’s mother in southern Italy, a woman must fight the mysterious and malevolent curse intent on claiming her daughter.
- Directed by: Domenico De Feudis
- Produced by: HT Film, Indigo Film and Lebowski
- Written by: Domenico De Feudis, Davide Orsini, and Daniele Cosci
- Starring: Mia Maestro, Riccardo Scamarcio, Mariella Lo Sardo, Giulia Patrignani, Federica Rosellini, and Raffaella D’Avella
Vampires vs. The Bronx – October 2nd
- A group of young friends from the Bronx fight to save their neighborhood from a band of vampires.
- Directed by: Oz Rodriguez
- Written by: Oz Rodriguez and Blaise Hemingway
- Starring: Jaden Michael, Gerald W. Jones III, Gregory Diaz IV, Sarah Gadon, Cliff “Method Man” Smith, Shea Whigham, Coco Jones, Joel “The Kid Mero” Martinez, Chris Redd, Vladimir Caamaño, Jeremie Harris, Adam David Thompson, Judy Marte, Richard Bekins, and Zoe Saldaña
- Produced by: Lorne Michaels, Erin David
Hubie Halloween – October 7th
- Hubie Dubois (Adam Sandler) thanklessly spends every Halloween making sure the residents of his hometown, Salem, celebrate safely and play by the rules. But this year, an escaped criminal and a mysterious new neighbor have Hubie on high alert. When people start disappearing, it’s up to Hubie to convince the police (Kevin James, Kenan Thompson) and townsfolk that the monsters are real, and only he can stop them. Hubie Halloween is a hilarious family film about an unlikely hero with an all-star cast including Julie Bowen, Ray Liotta, Noah Schnapp, Steve Buscemi and Maya Rudolph, produced by Happy Madison.
- Directed by: Steven Brill
- Written by: Tim Herlihy, Adam Sandler
- Produced by: Adam Sandler, Kevin Grady, Allen Covert
- Starring: Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Julie Bowen, Ray Liotta, Rob Schneider, June Squibb, Kenan Thompson, Shaquille O’Neal, Michael Chiklis, Tim Meadows, Karan Brar, George Wallace, Noah Schnapp, Paris Berelc, China Anne McClain, with Steve Buscemi and Maya Rudolph
A Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting – October 14th
- When high school freshman Kelly Ferguson (Tamara Smart) reluctantly agrees to babysit Jacob Zellman (Ian Ho) on Halloween, the last thing she expects is to be recruited into an international secret society of babysitters who protect kids with special powers from monsters. In order to keep Jacob safe from harm, Kelly teams with no-nonsense chapter Vice President Liz Lerue (Oona Laurence), tech genius Berna Vincent (Troy Leigh-Anne Johnson), creature expert Cassie Zhen (Lynn Masako Cheng) and potions master Curtis Critter (Ty Consiglio) to defeat a Boogeyman known as “The Grand Guignol” (Tom Felton), a glamorous witch named “Peggy Drood” (Indya Moore) and their legion of mysterious monsters.Based on the first installment of Joe Ballarini’s popular scary book series of the same name, A Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting is directed by Rachel Talalay, produced by Ivan Reitman and Amie Karp, with Naia Cucukov, Tom Pollock, and Ilona Herzberg executive producing. Alessio Scalzotto, Tamsen McDonough, Ashton Arbab, Crystal Balint, and Ricky He also co-star in this action-packed adventure about working together to overcome your fears.
- Starring: Tamara Smart, Oona Laurence, Alessio Scalzotto, Ian Ho, Tamsen McDonough, Troy Leigh-Anne Johnson, Lynn Masako Cheng, Ty Consiglio, Ashton Arbab, Crystal Balint, Ricky He, with Indya Moore and Tom Felton
- Directed by: Rachel Talalay
- Screenplay by: Joe Ballarini (Based on the novel A Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting by Joe Ballarini)
- Produced by: Ivan Reitman, Amie Karp
- Executive Produced by: Naia Cucukov, Tom Pollock, Ilona Herzberg
Rebecca – October 21st
- After a whirlwind romance in Monte Carlo with handsome widower Maxim de Winter (Armie Hammer), a newly married young woman (Lily James) arrives at Manderley, her new husband’s imposing family estate on a windswept English coast. Naive and inexperienced, she begins to settle into the trappings of her new life, but finds herself battling the shadow of Maxim’s first wife, the elegant and urbane Rebecca, whose haunting legacy is kept alive by Manderley’s sinister housekeeper Mrs. Danvers (Kristin Scott Thomas). Directed by Ben Wheatley (High Rise, Free Fire) and produced by Working Title Films (Emma, Darkest Hour), REBECCA is a mesmerising and gorgeously rendered psychological thriller based on Daphne du Maurier’s beloved 1938 gothic novel.
- Starring: Lily James, Armie Hammer, Kristin Scott Thomas, Keeley Hawes, Ann Dowd, Sam Riley, Tom Goodman-Hill, Mark Lewis Jones, John Hollingworth, Bill Paterson
- Directed by: Ben Wheatley
- Produced by: Working Title’s Eric Fellner and Tim Bevan, Nira Park
- Screenplay by: Jane Goldman and Joe Shrapnel & Anna Waterhouse
- Based on: Daphne du Maurier’s beloved 1938 gothic novel
Cadaver – October 22nd
- Cadaver is a Norwegian psychological horror film that takes us on a journey where humanity is being put to a test and stars among others Gitte Witt, Thorbjørn Harr, Thomas Gullestad) and Kingsford Siayor. In the starving aftermath of a nuclear disaster, Leonora (Gitte Witt), Jacob (Thomas Gullestad) and their daughter Alice (Tuva Olivia Remman) are on the edge of survival. One day, the local hotel invites survivors to attend a theatre play, with a meal included, as a charitable effort to help those in need. Left with no choice, the family of three decide to go to the hotel, where the director, Mathias (Thorbjørn Harr), introduces the entire hotel as the stage. Attendees are given masks to help separate them from actors, but the play takes an eerie turn when audience members start to disappear. The line between reality and theatre quickly gets blurred, until Alice disappears in front of Leo and Jacob, and there’s no longer room for doubt: Something is very wrong with Mathias’ hotel.
- Starring: Gitte Witt, Thorbjørn Harr, Thomas Gullestad, Maria Grazia De Meo, Trine Wiggen, Bente Børsum, Jonathan Rodriguez, Stig Frode Henriksen and Helge Jordal
- Written and Directed by: Jarand Herdal
- Produced by: Espen Horn and Kristian Strand Sinkerud from Motion Blur Films
Nobody Sleeps in the Woods Tonight – October 28th
- Addicted to technology, a group of teens attends a rehabilitation camp in the forest, but a sinister force there intends to take them offline forever. From 1-2-3 Production.
His House – October 30th
- After making a harrowing escape from war-torn South Sudan, a young refugee couple struggle to adjust to their new life in a small English town that has an unspeakable evil lurking beneath the surface.
- Starring: Ṣọpẹ́ Dìrísù, Wunmi Mosaku And Matt Smith
- Director by: Remi Weekes
- Written by: Felicity Evans, Toby Venables, Remi Weekes
- Produced by: New Regency’s Arnon Milchan; Vertigo Entertainment’s Roy Lee; Martin Gentles and Edward King of Starchild Pictures; Aidan Elliott; in association with BBC
- Executive Produced by: New Regency’s Yariv Milchan, Michael Schaefer and Natalie Lehmann; BBC Films Eva Yates; Stuart Manashil and Steven Schneider
The Day of the Lord – October 30th
- Menéndez is a retired priest who lives in his dark and ruinous apartment turning his back on the world. He suffers from a crisis of faith and is haunted by horrible nightmares and acts of his past that torture him.One day, he receives the visit from Sebastián, an old friend who knows Menéndez’s past business. He claims his daughter is possessed by the devil and begs for Menéndez’s help to exorcize her, although he’s well aware of the aggressive methods the priest uses.Pushed by Sebastián’s insistence and his inner conflict, Menéndez takes this case as a chance for redemption. He has a new goal in life but is she really possessed or will she suffer a senseless torture?
- Starring: Juli Fàbregas, Ximena Romo, Hector Illanes, Dolores Heredia
- Produced by: Joaquim Vivas , Alejandro Sugich
- Directed by: Santiago Alvarado
- Screenplay by: Ramón Salas , Santiago Alvarado
Netflix Original Series:
Ratched – September 18th
- From Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan, RATCHED is a suspenseful drama series that tells the origin story of asylum nurse Mildred Ratched. In 1947, Mildred arrives in Northern California to seek employment at a leading psychiatric hospital where new and unsettling experiments have begun on the human mind. On a clandestine mission, Mildred presents herself as the perfect image of what a dedicated nurse should be, but the wheels are always turning and as she begins to infiltrate the mental health care system and those within it, Mildred’s stylish exterior belies a growing darkness that has long been smoldering within, revealing that true monsters are made, not born.
- Starring: Sarah Paulson, Jon Jon Briones, Judy Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Finn Wittrock, Sharon Stone, Charlie Carver
- Guest Starring: Amanda Plummer, Corey Stoll, Vincent D’Onofrio, Alice Englert, Sophie Okonedo, Brandon Flynn, Annie Starke
- Directed by: Ryan Murphy (Eps 1-2), Nelson Cragg (Ep 3), Michael Uppendahl (Eps 4-5), Jessica Yu (Ep 6), Jennifer Lynch (Ep 7), Dan Minahan (Ep 8)
- Written by: Ryan Murphy, Evan Romansky, Ian Brennan, Jennifer Salt
- Created by: Evan Romansky
- Developed by: Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan
- Executive Produced by: Ryan Murphy, Ian Brennan, Sarah Paulson, Alexis Martin Woodall, Aleen Keshishian, Jacob Epstein, Jennifer Salt, Margaret Riley, Michael Douglas, Robert Mitas, Tim Minear
Oktoberfest: Beer and Blood – October 1st
- 1900: A rich newcomer with a shady past arrives in Munich determined to crash the local Oktoberfest with his own brewery. But when his daughter falls in love with the heir to a rival brewery, a violent chain of events is unleashed that will threaten both families’ futures.
To the Lake – October 7th
- Facing the end of civilization when a terrifying plague strikes, a group risks their lives, loves — and humanity — in a brutal struggle to survive. From Akson Studio.
The Haunting of Bly Manor – October 9th
- From The Haunting of Hill House creator Mike Flanagan and producer Trevor Macy comes THE HAUNTING OF BLY MANOR, the next highly anticipated chapter of The Haunting anthology series, set in 1980s England. After an au pair’s tragic death, Henry Wingrave (Henry Thomas) hires a young American nanny (Victoria Pedretti) to care for his orphaned niece and nephew (Amelie Bea Smith, Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) who reside at Bly Manor with the estate’s chef Owen (Rahul Kohli), groundskeeper Jamie (Amelia Eve) and housekeeper, Mrs. Grose (T’Nia Miller). But all is not as it seems at the manor, and centuries of dark secrets of love and loss are waiting to be unearthed in this chilling gothic romance. At Bly Manor, dead doesn’t mean gone.Producing partners Flanagan and Macy drew from the iconic supernatural stories of Henry James, to create the ensemble drama which also stars Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Kate Siegel, and Tahirah Sharif. The series is executive produced by Flanagan and Macy for Intrepid Pictures, along with Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey for Amblin Television.
La Révolution – October
- 1787, France. While investigating a series of mysterious murders, Joseph Guillotin – the future inventor of the world famous ‘Guillotine’ – uncovers an unknown virus: the Blue Blood. The disease, quickly spreads amongst the French aristocracy, driving them to murder ordinary people and soon leads to a rebellion… What if the French Revolution didn’t happen the way we were told?
- Created by : Aurélien Molas
- Directed by: Julien Trousselier (bloc 1), Jérémie Rozan (bloc 2), Edouard Sallier (bloc 3)
- Produced by: François Lardenois
- Starring: Amir El Kacem, Lionel Erdogan, Marilou Aussilloux, Isabel Gonzalez, Gaïa Weiss, Julien Frison, Laurent Lucas, Amelia Lacquemant.
Unsolved Mysteries Vol. 2 – October 19th
- In six new episodes, Unsolved Mysteries profiles more unexplained disappearances, tragic events, and bizarre occurrences. Perhaps one viewer holds the key to solving these cases. Detectives, journalists, and family members offer intriguing theories in this gripping series, from the creators of the original docuseries, Cosgrove/Meurer Productions, and 21 Laps Entertainment, the producers of Stranger Things.