Yesterday, PlayStation held their second State of Play live stream. This thirteen minute compilation showed off a variety of titles coming to PlayStation in the near future. With a total of six games and a new PS4 console, there was certainly a lot to see and get excited about. So, let’s briefly explore the seven new items PlayStation had to show off.
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne– Capcom kicked off this State of Play with an all new trailer for this highly anticipated DLC expansion. Showing off the new snowy environment of this expansion, hunters and their palicos can keep themselves warm in all new armor sets. The trailer reveals two new monsters for the expansion: Banbaro and Beotodus. It also highlights the return of the ferocious Monster Hunter fan favorite Nargacuga. Players will have new gadgets and upgrades they can utilize in this new and dangerous environment. The trailer concludes with our first glimpse of the newest elder dragon- Velkana. This dragon looks fantastic! We also received a release date for this expansion of September 6.
- Riverbond– This classic dungeon crawler in the Voxel art style promises an exciting shoot-and-slash adventure. Players will explore beautiful and interesting worlds as they slay enemies, hunt treasure and become heroes. This new game offers couch co-op gameplay and crossover skins from Indie titles such as Guacamelee!, Bastion, Psychonauts, Shovel Knight, and Enter the Gungeon. Relive the nostalgia of summers spent conquering your enemies with your friends at your side. Riverbond will be arriving to the PlayStation store this summer.
- Predator: Hunting Grounds- A group of well-armed soldiers travel through the jungle. They are not alone though. Above them, in the trees, a Predator de-cloaks itself. Predator: Hunting Grounds will pit a fire team against one of the stealthiest and most lethal killing machines ever to exist. The game will release in 2020.
- MediEvil Remake– This PS1 classic is getting an entirely new look with all new graphics presented in 4K resolution. Following the story of Sir Daniel Fortesque, MediEvil presents a slightly-inept knight who has recently been resurrected by his greatest foe, the evil sorcerer Zarok. Given this second chance, Daniel will head out to defeat his foe and save the kingdom of Gallowmere. Thus, becoming one of the land’s greatest heroes. This remake releases October 25.
- AWAY: The Survival Series– Set in a distant future, AWAY allows you to step into a nature documentary as an adorable sugar glider. As natural disasters threaten everything you know, you must make your way deep into the wilderness to find sanctuary. You will face a multitude of dangerous creatures and environmental hazards. Climb, scurry, and glide your way across beautiful environments as you discover what it truly means to live as a sugar glider. No release date has yet to be revealed.
- Days of Play PS4 System- Stepping away from games for a moment, Sony showed off its new limited edition Days of Play PlayStation 4 slim system. This console is steel gray with the DualShock’s iconic face buttons adorning the top of it. A matching controller comes with the console. It contains a 1TB hard drive. This console will hit shelves in June.
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake– PlayStation truly saved the best for last with a new teaser trailer for the highly anticipated Final Fantasy 7 Remake. This new footage shows off Cloud, Aerith and Barret in both cutscenes and combat sequences. Especially noteworthy is a sweet scene between Aerith and Cloud in which she gives him a flower. We also get to see Cloud come face-to-face with Sephiroth. The teaser ends with a promise of more information in June.
You can watch the entirety of the State of Play video here.