“Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai” has dropped on MAX, and there’s already a point of contention. But not in the way you might expect. Fandoms are clashing over which small, cuddly shin-high critter is cuter. Both have big eyes, gigantic ears, and cute names. That’s right- “The Mandalorian“‘s Grogu, or “Gremlins‘” Gizmo. Who’s the cuter companion?
It feels a lot like one of those “who would win in a fight?” questions, really. Personally, we wonder why both can’t be an answer. But fandoms don’t tend to work that way, sadly. Both certainly have their pros and cons. “Gremlins” showrunner Tze Chun has even caught wind of the versus match between the two. Naturally, he gave the obvious answer of Gizmo to Geek Vibe Nation. But let’s take a closer look just for the sake of stirring the pot.
- Fuzzy and Cuddly. Like a cross between a teddy bear and a lemur.
- Capable of Speech
- Loves to sing and get into mischief
- Melts in sunlight
- Spawns more Mogwai if he gets wet
- Turns into a Gremlin if he eats after midnight
- Big, Soulful Eyes with soft green skin and adorable little grabby hands.
- Extremely powerful force user
- Travel Size
- Tries to eat everything that’s potentially edible
- Can’t speak and is closer to an infant
- Stresses out his dad, Din Djarin, to no end
Obviously they both have their faults. But they’re certainly both cute in their own ways. Their flaws are both tough on those they care about. But they both garner love and protective instincts by the same token. Who do YOU think is cuter?