In June 2020, Dole Packaged Foods, LLC announced The Dole Promise, which is centered around three pillars nutrition, sustainability, and the creation of shared value. Most of these initiatives they planned to achieve by 2025. The company promised it would be better for people by giving 1 billion people access to sustainable nutrition. While also moving towards zero processed sugar in all Dole Packaged Foods.
They promised to be better for the planet by working towards zero fruit loss from their farms. As well as aiming for zero fossil-based plastic packaging. All while working towards net zero carbon emissions in operations by 2030. Which, all the other initiatives should help them accomplish, but it is a MUCH taller order.
Dole plans to do all of this while being better for stakeholders, and aiming for a 50% increase in the value. Internally they are building a stronger commitment to equal opportunity, living wages, and an ever-increasing level of safety. Not to mention a focus on employee nutrition and well-being. While being transparent and accountable for their own direct operations and supply chains.
Now that the initiatives have had some time to get off the ground, customers will start to see the impacts on store shelves. With eleven new product launches slated for this year across their lines of snacks, beverages, and frozen offerings.
Their snack lines will be seeing healthier products for all ages with:
- Good Crunch™ – which are sustainably produced dehydrated pineapple and banana bites. These treats pack a flavorful crunch along with providing nutritional benefits
- Wiggles™ Fruit Juice Gels – are a wholesome and nutritious take on classic gel treats,with 100% fruit juice.
Since Dole built their name off of beverages like 100% pineapple juice. They will be adding to those offerings as well, with:
- Light Pineapple Juice Drink – which will only be 40 calories per can, with 60% less sugar and calories than regular 100% pineapple juice.
- Pineapple Mango Juice – will be a tropical, sweet blend of pineapple and mango.
- Digestive Bliss™ Fruit Juice Drink – is a new drink made up of 50% fruit juice that is boosted with plant-based macronutrients. With the aim of supporting gut health.
- The Secret Nature of Fruit® Chews and Probiotic Sodas – is a new brand of functional fruit-powered vitamin chews and probiotic sodas.
Many also know Dole for their frozen products so of course, their will be interesting shake-ups there too, with:
- Boosted Blends™ Smoothies – will be relaunched with added protein, energy, and cognitive benefits.
- Acai Bowls – will also be relaunched
- Smoothie Bowls™ – are a new offering with exotic fruits like mango and mangosteen, and strawberry and aronia blends.
- Dole Whip® – is possibly the most exciting new offering. It is a frozen tropical treat that will be available in pineapple, mango, and strawberry. That’s right, the famous Dole Whip will now be on store shelves!
More information about the company or the Dole Promise is available on the company’s website.