Delta 8 is more accessible than marijuana and has milder effects compared to Delta 9. This hemp-derived cannabinoid has taken the market by storm. It is part of a plethora of products, including flavorful gummies. How will they make you feel?
What Are the Effects of Gummies?
Not all products related to marijuana deliver a strong “high”. Delta 8 is mellower than Delta 9 thanks to its slightly different chemical structure. If you buy Koi delta 8 gummies, you can be sure they won’t cause paranoia, anxiety, rapid heartbeat, or mind racing.
Both cannabinoids interact with your endocannabinoid system (ECS) by binding to the corresponding receptors. The psychoactive potency of Delta-8 is around 50% lower, which means that the “high” from gummies is significantly gentler. It is more soothing and relaxing.
- Effects on the body. The active ingredient in gummies will interact with your body and mind. The first group of effects is triggered through interaction with CB2 receptors in the peripheral nervous system. Typical effects include muscle relaxation, heightened appetite, and a feeling of weightlessness. Some users have reported falling asleep faster and sleeping better.
- Effects on the mind. The psychoactive properties are linked to interaction with CB1 receptors in the central nervous system. However, the influence of the new compound is weaker so you can stay focused on your tasks. Gummies can make you feel energized or sleepy depending on the dose. Modest consumption results in uplifting sensations.
Duration of Effects
How soon you will experience the physical and psychoactive effects depends on your consumption method, metabolism, body chemistry, and product type. In terms of delivery, gummies work more slowly than tinctures. On the upside, although the effects will kick in later, they will also last longer.
Cannabinoids from edibles do not reach your bloodstream immediately. First, they go through the digestive tract. As a result, you could notice the first effects in 1-1.5 hours. The average duration is 3-8 hours.
The Effects of Different Doses
Gummies come in a variety of potencies. Each piece may contain between 5 and 60 mg of Delta 8. This is a very broad spectrum, so beginners should be cautious when choosing their first product.
If you have never tried Delta 8 before, start small. Gradually, increase the intake if necessary. Higher Delta 8 content does not guarantee a more pleasurable experience! While the results will be more robust, you may get negative side effects.
- Less than 5 mg: improved focus, mental clarity, energy boost — great for studies and routine tasks.
- 10-20 mg (standard): mellow marijuana-like high, uplifting and energizing, physical relaxation, hunger.
- 20-40 mg (high): strong psychoactive and sedative effects — only for experienced users.
- Over 40 mg (heavy): altered perception of time, sedating, and Indica-like effects.
High doses of the cannabinoid can be overwhelming for beginners. You may feel that everything in your life suddenly feels more dramatic and you are losing control over it. What’s more, due to the sedative effects, avoid high doses while studying, working, or completing other demanding tasks.