Let your inner Wookie shine this holiday season with a feast out of the new Star Wars Life Day Cookbook. Originating as a Wookie holiday on their homeworld of Kashyyyk, Life Day is traditionally celebrated gathered around the Tree of Life.
Life Day is a time to celebrate family, joy, and harmony much like our holiday celebrations here on planet Earth. Perhaps that’s where the inspiration for our celebration ideas originated. After all, the holiday was eventually celebrated across the Galactic Empire. The holiday was personalized across the galaxy with the addition of festive decor, light, and music.
What celebration is complete without a feast?! The Life Day Cookbook will allow you to prepare a meal fit for a Wookie. You can pre-order it on Amazon now.
The cookbook contains over 40 recipes for appetizers, main courses, desserts, and beverages. That means you’ll have a well rounded Star Wars themed dinner Chef Gormaanda will be proud of! You can serve up some Bantha Surprise and end the night with some Bantha Milk Hot Chocolate.
StarWars has even provided a sneak peek of the recipes! Like this one for Mudhorn Eggnog!
PREP TIME: 20 minutes, plus 30 minutes to chill
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
YIELD: 6 to 8 servings
2 cups whole milk
1 cup half-and-half
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cinnamon stick
½ teaspoon salt
4 large egg yolks
1/3 cup granulated sugar
4 large egg whites
1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a double boiler over medium-high heat, heat the milk, half-and-half, vanilla, cinnamon stick, and salt. Bring to a simmer, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. In a blender, combine the egg yolks and sugar. Blend until light in color, about 1 minute. Temper the egg mixture by blending in ó cup of the milk mixture, then slowly pour in the rest. Blend to combine.
3. Pour the blended mixture into a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until just thickened. Let cool slightly, then transfer to a medium bowl and chill in the refrigerator until cold, about 30 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Sprinkle in the confectioners’ sugar, beating until stiff peaks form, about 4 to 5 minutes. Fold the egg whites into the cooled milk mixture until just combined.
5. Pour the eggnog into serving cups and sprinkle with the nutmeg and cinnamon to serve.
NOTE: This recipe contains raw egg. Because of the slight risk of salmonella, raw eggs should not be served to the very young, to the ill or elderly, or to pregnant women.
The Star Wars Life Day Cookbook will be released November 2, 2021. Just in time for the holidays! It’s currently available for pre-order on Amazon.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning when you click the link and make a purchase, we receive a commission, which helps Nerdbot keep the lights on.