What Equipment Is Needed For Live Video Streaming?
Live online video streaming is the fastest and the most effective way of communicating with the audience. It has gained popularity recently because it touches the audience’s chord most appropriately. Also, the streaming offers the most cost-effective way of propagating the message to the select audience.
As per various industry reports, the live streaming platform makes a big difference to the numbers of the businesses that use this method of advertising/promotion. Some of the important statistics are:
a. Live streaming earns more viewership, 27% more to be exact. Source: Conviva
b. Daily eSports reports 100% increase in streaming viewing between 2019 and 2020.
c. Livestream suggests that 80% consumers prefer viewing videos rather than reading a blog. Even the social media pundits suggest that the textual blogs supported by videos or live stream links get more boost than pale text-rich blogs.
Thus, considering all these figures, it is quite imperative to learn how to use video streaming and what equipment go into it. So, let’s move to the equipment knowledge you ought to have.
Equipment required for video live streaming
Live video streaming means that the content is required to convert video into certain formats streamable over internet-enabled devices. This particularity about live online video streaming gives rise to the need of the following equipment:
a. Transcoder:Transcoding is needed to ensure that the live video is available to viewers who use all kinds of devices comprising mobile phones, tablets, laptops, etc. The advantages or functionalities of a transcoder are:
· Allows reaching maximum audience
· The content is available in various combinations; in some cases, both video formats and bitrates are available.
· Offers the publisher the flexibility to choose what can be transcoded, processed and finally rendered.
b. Mobile and HTML5 Video player:HTML5 video player is essential for video publishing and its management. The player can be availed as a standalone too, and also, as a part of a complete publishing solution. Video player solution is designed keeping the following needs in mind:
· The process of ingestion is supported by the player.
· It is designed to support ingestion process. The issue resolution serves right at the ingestion stage. It is also coupled with handiness feature.
· The designers ensure that the player solution is intuitive, enriched, comes with a robust upload and ingestion workflow.
c. Video syndication: This part is actually a process that aims at making the videos more searchable. The tools comes with lots of analytics that tell how the video is being perceived across the globe and among various users. How the searchable feature of the video syndication and distribution tool helps:
· It connects audiences across the globe and reaches viewers across countries.
· The parameters like local nuances and cultural sensibilities, legal and user requirements, etc. will be useful in determining the syndication and distribution strategy. Thus, with a better approach, and tools set, every video is made capable of reaching areas far and wide.
· The users have the flexibility to select the solution that supplements business model most suitably.
d. Video Hosting: Yes, this is the start as well as end of planning how to stream content live and connect with the audience. Since the activities like video playing, app maintenance and use and data storage etc. require data, bandwidth and other resources, the host is a must.
Secondly, online video streaming is a data-intensive activity. Still, it does not mean that one needs to have the most enriched resource. The clouds available are of both private and public nature.
Further, cloud hosting support offers extensive global reach to the video publisher. Depending upon tie-ups with CDNs, the publishers can find their viewer base in US, Europe, Singapore, Australia, and other prominent regions of the world.
e. Video analytics: No video content can work without research. The online video streaming experts need complete understanding of how to design the content so that it creates the best impact and becomes monetizable too.
By using the best analytics-based support, one can get requisite insights on:
· User analytics: It gives useful information about total user visits, bounce rate, average time spent on each page
· Video analytics: Operating system most used to access videos. And return rate for a chosen browser’s country.
· Real time user data: It is essential to know how many concurrent users can access the content without the platform getting crashed.
· Ad analytics: The information about completed and abandoned ads, total clicks and all errors encountered are some of the data items very much essential. These help two ways. First, these help assess the success of the campaign. Secondly, these are required to design the future campaigns with added effectiveness.
In addition to above, the video content makers need to learn ways to monetize their creations and make them extraordinarily user-friendly too. Hence, they need to include features like content organization support, playlist creation support, media search and editing facility and so on.
Live video streaming is a much better option for both the budding as well as established advertisers. This option serves the wealth-building needs way better than other costlier avenues useful for reaching the customers. The whole set-up required for making the video streaming possible is available with specialists like Phando.
If all these equipment requirements seem very overwhelming, you can simply take help of specialists who offer single window service. They can provide everything ranging from technology, resources, expertise and expansion support.