There will be a new Digimon movie released in Japan in 2020 celebrating the 20th anniversary of the franchise. Along with releasing the date they also put up a teaser for the upcoming film and casting info.
The name of the film will be Digimon Adventure and the cast will be the same as Digimon Adventures Tri which include…
- Natsuki Hanae as Taichi Yagami
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Yamato Ishida
- Suzuko Mimori as Sora Takenouchi
- Mutsumi Tamura as Koshiro Izumi
- Hitomi Yoshida as Mimi Tachikawa
- Junya Ikeda as Jo Kido
- Junya Enoki as Takeru Takaishi
- M.A.O as Hikari Yagami
- Chika Sakamoto as Agumon
- Mayumi Yamaguchi as Gabumon
- Katori Shigematsu as Piyomon
- Junko Takeuchi as Gomamon
- Kinoko Yamada as Palmon
- Miwa Matsumoto as Patamon
- Takahiro Sakurai as Tentomon
- Yuka Tokumitsu as Tailmon
I am so glad to see more Digimon coming out recently. Pokemon is having a resurgence with everything that has been announced and the Detective Pikachu movie coming out in theaters in May. If only they could release this in theaters in the US simultaneously with the Japanese release.
No word on when this will release in the US but we will update you when we get more information. So far we see this as a Japan release only and will hit theaters there Spring 2020.
Do you want to see the Digimon Movie in theaters? Tell us in the comments!