The time has finally come and I am not ready for it(cries internally).
Patch 184.108.40.206 is live and there is some big changes, 800+ mbs of change(Xbox One). The biggest is the total Symmetra rework, which completely reworks this hero. I am pretty brokenhearted with this(Symmetra is one of my mains), and it will take awhile to adjust and feel okay with this. It was a needed thing and I feel its a good change for the character, even if it hurts. Along with the Symmetra rework, there is some new social features added to the game and some other Hero updates.
So lets start of with Symmetra’s Rework:
- No longer locks onto target
- range is now 10 meters
- Damage ramping now takes 2 seconds
- Ramping increased from 30/60/120 to 60/120/180
- Generates ammo instead of speaking it when hitting barrier
- Ammo reduced from 100 to 70
- No longer locks on no pierces target
- Explodes on contact
- Projectile speed increased
- Charge up speed increased
- Damage change to 60 impact/ 60 explosive
- Decreased from 6 to 3
- Turret is now projectile
- Damage increased
- Amount of slowing effects increased
- Now can be placed up to 25 meters away from Symmetra
- Entrance builds in from of Symmetra
- Lasts 10 seconds
- Health lowered to 300
- More things can teleport through it, such as Junk Rats Tire
- Entrance can be destroyed
- Photon Barrier
- Deploys a barrier that is big enough to span and cut through and entire map
- Orientation can be changed by pressing the ultimate button again
- Last 15 seconds
- 5000 Health
Develops say in their comments that their goal is to make her more of a damage character, therefor changing her role. This is to make her more flexible and viable then she was previously. She is expected to dish out more damage. She is supposed to now be a more altogether character to help both offense and defense.
Here are the other Hero Updates:
- Meteor Strikes bonus movement has now increased from 150% to 200%
- Shield gain increased from 30 to 35
- Deadeye’s range has now increased from 70 meters to 200 meters
- Supercharger’s cost is now reduced by 15%
Lastly, there is the Social Features that were now added. There is now Endorsements and a Looking for Group feature.
Endorsements allow you to acknowledge fellow Overwatch player positively. The three endorsements are: Sportsmanship, Being a Good Teammate and for shot calling. You can new view endorsements, at a glance, in the players career profile. This will give you some what of an idea of the type of players you are playing with. Those we maintain, consistently, high endorsements will receive rewards periodically. You can not endorse friends.
Looking for Group feature allows you to control your game play experience before stepping into a match by setting specific parameters for you team. These specifications will be activated in-game by restricting the use of the heroes set for certain roles.
A bunch of new exciting feature!
What are you most excited/devastated about? What are your feelings on Symmetra’s rework? Let Nerdbot know in the comments.