Nintendo Direct Announcement Recap
Nintendo surprised us with Nintendo Direct, and with it, they announced a slew of upcoming content and titles for the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS. Here is a recap of all of the announcements:
- WarioWare Gold, a collection of over 300 WarioWare games, comes to 3DS on August 3
- Dillon’s Dead-Heat Breakers, a vehicle combat/tower defense hybrid game, comes to 3DS on May 24
- Detective Pikachu gets a release date of March 23. A Detective Pikachu Amiibo is announced for the same day.
- A port of Luigi’s Mansion will come to the 3DS at some point this year.
- Okami HD will launch on Nintendo Switch this Summer. Players can use the touchscreen in Handheld Mode or motion controls in TV Mode.
- Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, a bizarre match-3 competitive game, launches on June 8 for the Nintendo Switch and the 3DsS
- Octopath Traveler received a release date along with 2 other playable characters plus a deeper look at the job system. The game will launch on Nintendo Switch on July 13
- No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again launches on Nintendo Switch in 2018
- A Dark Souls network test was announced with no official date. The Solaire of Astora Amiibo will launch alongside the game.
- A ton of gameplay details were announced for Mario Tennis Aces which you can check out in the Direct below. The game will launch on June 22.
- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, a Wii U port with additional stages and a co-op mode will launch on Nintendo Switch on July 13.
- Undertale, previously on PC, PS4, and PS Vita, is coming to the Nintendo Switch at some point in the future.
- Crash Bandicoot: N’Sane Triolgy launches on the Nintendo Switch on July 10.
- Little Nightmares: Complete Edition contains the original version of Little Nightmares plus all of the previously released DLC. It launches on May 18.
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole will come to Nintendo Switch on April 24.
- Hyrule Warrior Definitive Edition finally received a release date of May 18 on the Nintendo Switch.
- A Splatoon 2 update was announced for later this year. The update will contain additional cosmetic items and Rank X.
- Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion is the first chunk of paid DLC for Splatoon 2, and it will launch Summer 2018 for $20.
- A new Super Smash Bros. title was announced for 2018. No details were announced. However, the teaser showcases two Inklings fighting which likely indicates Splatoon characters will be featured in this entry.
That was a hefty Nintendo Direct payload, and you can catch the whole thing below.
What part of Nintendo Direct are you most excited for, let Nerdbot know in the comments!