Undoubtedly, it takes a lot of effort to run a facility. However, the task can be facilitated by emerging technological solutions. In general, facility management solutions are becoming more innovative, integrated, and sophisticated.
Reducing energy consumption, making the most of available space, enhancing employee productivity, automating processes, and improving working conditions, can assist businesses in keeping costs down.
This blog will discuss the most popular kinds of facility management software, their importance & benefits, features, and much more.
So, let’s get started!
What is Facility management software: Quick Overview & Key Market Stats!
To build a long-term, sustainable, and efficient facility management plan, facility managers must track, communicate, and store various data. Facility management software tools are the smart solution that has been created to assist facility managers with these tasks.
It also makes it simple and quick to organize and carry out relocations, manage space allocation, provide in-depth reports, generate personal charges, and fulfill all emergency planning needs.
Till now, numerous businesses have realized how important having facilities management services are!
In fact, in 2021, the enterprise facility management software market generated around US$ 18,990.0 Mn in sales. By 2032, the market for facility management software is projected to be worth around US$ 64,277.8 Mn, expanding at a CAGR of 11.8% from 2022 to 2032. (Source)
The facility management software trends is predicted to dominate North America and reach US$ 13,047.5 Mn by 2032. (Source)
Why must you use facility management software? Importance & key benefits!
With enterprise facility management software, organizations can keep track of the location, use, maintenance history, and total cost of ownership of their facilities and their most important assets. When facilities are adequately maintained, it helps organizations operate more effectively and efficiently by streamlining their operations.
Below are a few benefits that facility management software as enterprise solutions can provide to a business regarding operations and management.
#1. Lowers breakdown
Utilizing facility management tools will allow enterprises to gradually shift their maintenance tasks from reactive to proactive, crisis to planning, and disruptive to predictive. Reducing asset failure and its adverse effects on the business in terms of downtime, shame, and repair costs.
#2. Boost cash flow
Businesses can cut costs on proactive maintenance, staffing overhead, and printing, processing, storing, and retrieving of paper. You may also easily track and manage inventory activity at any time and location. In order to prevent running out of stock of essential spare parts, report stock utilization and receive automated low stock notifications. For inventory items, set a maximum stock level to prevent overstocking and boost cash flow.
#3. Automates time-consuming tasks
The workflows created by facility management software are intended to be effective and ensure that certain operations are completed automatically to save time. For instance, leverage this capability to email and print reports, inform all of your clients and staff of the status of the work, make work orders, and enable work orders to be fulfilled via the online portal or a user’s mobile device.
#4. Helps in space utilization
The secret to increasing productivity and creating a lively workplace is this. You can maximize the use of your office space with space optimization technologies provided by facilities management. You can identify the space in your business and the space it requires with the use of space management features. This will enable you to plan how your office space is using this software effectively.
#5. Helps in prioritizing work orders
There are numerous assets and pieces of equipment in the building. Multiple assets arrive daily for upkeep. As a result, it’s crucial to prioritize work orders; otherwise, practical work won’t get done, and essential assets won’t get maintained.
It can have disastrous effects on business operations. But if you have facility management tools, you can prioritize your assets, and the maintenance team will focus on the most critical work orders, helping the company produce high-quality work.
#6. Ensures mobility
IoT in facility management will assist you in managing your company’s operations from a distance. When you are away from the workplace, you can still work together and communicate with your team effectively. You can even manage your business operations with the help of IoT based facility management software. The IoT facility management tools allow you to access assets and resources from any internet-connected device, including tablets, computers, and smartphones.
#7. Easy property management
Facility management software has a capability called project management that lets users visually and intuitively coordinate projects with several stakeholders. Facility managers can assign duties, establish and monitor project deliverables, manage stakeholder interactions, keep track of project costs, and maintain meeting minutes.
As you’ve seen the benefits of using custom facility management software; now let’s move forward and discuss,
Top facility management software features to look for!
If you are convinced of the benefits of facility management software and looking forward to investing in facility management software development, then below are some features that you should include in your custom facility management software:
- Asset management – With this functionality, a single system can be built to store a complete record of all equipment, locations, work records, and maintenance information. As a result, it is simpler to mark, control, and monitor equipment agreements, required inspections, and scheduled maintenance.
- Spend analysis – With this feature, all analytics and spend data for facilities management are shown in clear dashboard graphics in real time. View historical data, spot patterns and outliers compare against objectives and market norms, and project spending in the future.
- IoT integration – If you include this functionality, it will be simple to track employees’ whereabouts, locate information and work orders quickly via mobile, and expedite inspections and meter readings once beacons and NFC tags have been installed throughout the facility. Hire IoT development services to save time and gather more precise data, and empower your business operations with IoT based facility management system.
- Inventory management – Inventory management in facility management software helps to manage stock or inventory. It allows businesses to track stock to avoid understocking and overstocking. It provides enhanced data transparency, better traceability, streamlined asset tracking, reduced cost and better invoicing.
- Data repository – This functionality allows you to monitor and keep track of work orders. Data is centrally located. You can gather information about work orders to aid in making wiser business decisions. Also available is data history. This information is being used to reduce asset failure and maintenance requirements.
- Share documents – Using this feature, you can save any document that belongs to tenants. The communication between management and tenants is made simpler by easy access to floor plans, safety rules, policies, and contracts. Share updated files without spending extra money on printing.
- Integration – The field of facilities management includes several different subjects. A facilities management system must integrate with other platforms, including work order management, energy management, communications, financial systems, and the business software solution in order to offer a complete picture of the firm.
- Collect payments – Using this feature of facility management software; contractor payments can be sent electronically, verified against agreed-upon rates and applicable sales taxes, marked for processing, and connected with outside financial networks.
- Create reports – You can create reports directly from the management site with this functionality, saving time on administrative activities. For a professional appearance, brand your reports with business logos and color schemes. The system includes default reports that are pertinent to the majority of customers.
- Manage properties – This functionality can help you avoid missing payments by giving you rapid access to vital information on leases, rents, utilities, and other financial data.
- Dashboard – View all the data pertinent to building operations on the dashboards. You can customize the layout so that it displays information pertinent to your duties, and this functionality provides real-time feedback.
The key to effective business organization is optimizing necessary maintenance chores, which define a successful organization. The benefits of this software are numerous!
Maximizing the effectiveness of the tools, will solve all of your facility issues and boost your business productivity. As integration plays a crucial role, enterprise custom software development services can also integrate this software with other software solutions. Efficiency, which results in time and money savings and well-maintained facilities, can be achieved through digitization and automation.