A lot of musicians are discovering a way for instant popularity. Artists dream of their track become viral on Spotify and bringing desired fame one day.
Filmmaking has gone beyond ordinary movie production or direction. For a long time, filmmakers have begun to introduce musical sounds to scenes in their movies. Music as a tool is used to enhance the emotions in the story. With this in place, the memory of the movie is bound to stay in the hearts of the audience after watching and for a long time as well. Filmmakers will have a lot of options to choose from to suit their needs at any point in time because as there are different artists so are there different categories of music and styles.
So far, with the rise of this evolution, artists, either independent and dependent or experienced/existing and up-and-coming, are automatically presented with a lot of opportunities to make their mark. Depending on the budget of the film production company, an artist may be directly contracted by a music supervisor to create a soundtrack for the film.
Why creating film soundtracks is worth it
Creating soundtracks for movies is an excellent way to create a connection between your fans and your music. Asides from the fact that as an artist, your music would also reach new fans, there are a few other benefits of creating movie soundtracks:
- Income generation. Once the proper license is obtained by filmmakers, artists, songwriters, and composers alike, publishers and record label managements can make money from creating movie soundtracks and will be able to use them for a further career boost.
- Music promotion/marketing. Creating a movie soundtrack allows you to promote your music because it is easily exposed to everyone watching the movie and listening to the sounds that accompany it. That way, your music gets more listens by consumers on both local and international fronts.
- Encourages relationship/communication. As an artist, when you create a movie soundtrack, whoever watches the movie may find it interesting enough to search immediately to find out who the artist is. Most movie watchers check for soundtracks on Google to download them. in the process, they could come across your profile. This could positively impact your growth as a musician.
Some Popular and Profitable Soundtracks That Stand Out
The following shows a list of some of the most profitable soundtracks of all time. It proves that, as an artist, you can make money from creating movie soundtracks. They include:
- The Lion King Soundtrack – Elton John
- Purple Rain Soundtrack – Prince and the Revolution
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge Soundtrack – Jatin–Lalit
- Titanic Soundtrack – Céline Dion
- The Bodyguard Soundtrack – Whitney Houston
- Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack – The Bee Gees
It is essential for artists to understand all there is to know about creating movie soundtracks so that they can use it as a path to success. This could be a major breaking point for any artist who does music for films and does it well because they would be benefitting a lot from it. You can tell from the list above how creative movie soundtracks can sometimes, be responsible for a movie’s success at the box office and why movie audiences still remember them today even after a long time.