Undoubtedly, the video gaming trend is accelerating with every passing day. As per the Newzoo Market Report, the global games market has reached a new total of $180.3 Billion in 2021. The report shows the mobile gaming industry to be an absolute record breaker with $81.5 Billion smartphone games as opposed to $2.6 Billion browser PC games and $34.1 Billion downloaded PC games.
Looking at the stats, one must think that mobile gaming is better than PC gaming. However, each of the two has its differences.
So, without further delay, let’s get to it.
What Are the Differences Between PC and Mobile Gaming?
To start off, since mobile is a portable device that you carry everywhere you go, you can enjoy games anywhere you like. If you’re bored waiting for the bus at the bus stop, you can take out that phone from your pocket and enjoy your time by playing a game.
However, things are different as far as PC gaming is considered as it would be a hassle to take your PC with you anywhere you go. Not to forget that it would also require a power connection in order to work.
Other than that, since the screens of mobile phones are small and compact in size, they usually don’t have high resolutions as compared to PCs. Hence, the PC games would tend to have high-quality graphics as compared to the mobile games.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile Gaming
Listed down below are the advantages and disadvantages of mobile gaming.
· Mobiles are easy to carry which means you can enjoy gaming anywhere you are.
· You don’t need a “gaming phone” in order to play games as most modern-day phones will be powerful enough to run all of the games.
· Mobile games are cheaper as compared to PC games.
· If you’re a VR lover, you would be glad to know that mobile VRs are cheaper than PC VRs.
· Small screen size limits the gaming experience.
· Graphics may not be up to the mark, and you can’t experience 4k gaming.
· There may be user data collection and privacy concerns as far as mobile games are considered.
· You may have to deal with numerous annoying ads while playing the game.
Advantages and Disadvantages of PC Gaming
Listed down below are the advantages and disadvantages of PC gaming.
· Everything – from UI/UX to graphics to gameplay – is optimized in a better and more professional way.
· Ultimate gaming experience with the support of even 4k resolutions and ultrawide monitors.
· Less or no ads appear while playing PC games.
· PC gaming is less casual and more competitive.
· High-quality PC games require you to have good hardware in your PC which can be pretty expensive.
· It’s a hassle to carry your PC with you, so you can only play games while you’re at your house.
What Gadgets Do You Need for Mobile and PC Gaming?
If you wish to enhance your gaming experience and take it to the next level, you will have to need gadgets to attach to your mobile or PC. So, let’s take a look at some of the must-haves as well as cool gadgets for mobile and PC gaming.
Gadgets for Mobile Gaming
1. A Controller
There is no doubt in saying that the gaming experience on mobile is limited due to the small screen it has, you are not able to handle the controls in a better manner. Hence, attaching a controller to your mobile can give you a better command over the controls.
2. Power Bank
You wouldn’t want to drain the entire battery of your mobile by playing your favorite game for some time. Hence, having a power bank helps you to fill that battery bar again and have an uninterrupted gaming experience.
Gadgets for PC Gaming
1. Gaming Headset
A gaming headset happens to be an essential accessory if you wish to play online multiplayer games with your friends. Not only does the headset allow clear communication with your friends, but it also gives you a good quality sound for a better gaming experience.
2. High-Resolution Monitor
Undoubtedly, there is no better way to appreciate the graphics of a PC game than on a high-resolution monitor. Hence, if you wish to up your gaming experience, it is fair to buy a high-resolution monitor.
How to Buy Games for Mobile and PC?
While it may be clear to many people, some may not know the process to purchase games on a mobile or PC.
As far as mobile games are considered, the process is quite simple as you would simply have to head over to your play store or app store and make the purchase using your credit or debit card.
However, PC games can be purchased online or at stores such as the Steam store or the Razer store. What’s even more interesting is that you can make the payment using cryptocurrency as well. Several authentic websites, such as Coingate, offer gift cards for stores like Razer. These cards can be bought using cryptocurrency and can be redeemed at the store.
Summing up, be it mobile gaming or PC gaming, either of them has its ups and downs. However, what matters, in the end, is your personal preference and the type of gaming you wish to do. If you’re more of a hard gamer and wish to do competitive gaming, a PC might be right for you. On the flip side, mobile gaming would be your go-to if you’re looking for casual gaming to kill time.