If you are asked what a cardiologist in Queens is then the best answer to your question is statistics. According to recent data, cardiovascular diseases continue to be the most common reasons for death all over the world. A cardiologist itself is a doctor who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system.
About cardiovascular diseases
Cardiovascular diseases firmly occupy the first position in the ranking of the causes of death of people. Moreover, the problem is relevant not only for the elderly. A frantic pace of life, chronic stress, unhealthy diet, refined food rich in animal fats and sugars, a sedentary lifestyle and addictions lead to diseases of the heart and blood vessels affecting even young people. Hence, it’s better to timely change your lifestyle before searching for how much costs cardiologist.
The most common heart diseases are based on atherosclerosis, a chronic vascular disease characterized by the formation of cholesterol plaques on their inner surface, which narrow the lumen and impede blood flow. Atherosclerosis leads to impaired blood circulation, oxygen starvation of tissues of various organs, but the heart and brain are most affected. Cardiac ischemia leads to the development of angina pectoris, arrhythmias and myocardial infarction; oxygen starvation of the brain, aggravated by hypertension – to strokes and other neurological problems, including dementia. So, visiting a cardiologist near me is a must today.
What is a cardiologist specializing in?
A cardiologist is consulted with the following problems:
- Ischemic heart disease, exertional angina, condition after myocardial infarction, condition after surgery on coronary arteries (stenting, CABG);
- valvular defects of various etiologies, condition after plastics and prosthetics of artificial valves;
- violation of the heart rhythm and conduction of various etiologies, including paroxysmal tachyarrhythmias, condition after RFA, implantation of artificial pacemakers (pacemakers);
- condition after myocarditis and pericarditis;
- arterial hypertension.
Sadly, but true: heart attacks and other cardiovascular pathologies have become much younger today. Therefore, one should not forget about visiting a cardiologist near me for a preventive purpose. This should be done every year, especially after 40 years.
When should you contact a cardiologist? Who needs a cardiologist? Everyone should undergo a mandatory examination on a regular basis, especially for people suffering from heart defects, vascular insufficiency or hypertension.
Who needs a cardiologist?
A consultation with a cardiologist is required for the following symptoms:
- tingling sensation around the heart for a long time;
- fast or slow heartbeat;
- rare pulse (no more than fifty beats per minute);
- sharp and spasmodic chest pains;
- constant aching or stabbing pain in the chest area, which is especially acute in the left half;
- a feeling of heaviness in the chest;
- discomfort in the left arm, scapula;
- numbness of a limb, a feeling that goosebumps run over it;
- shortness of breath that occurs even with the slightest physical exertion;
- swelling of the face, arms and legs.
Highly effective modern methods of diagnostics of cardiovascular diseases are available in the clinic of Advanced Medical Care. There you may find how much it costs cardiologist and make an appointment online or offline. A timely visit to a cardiologist will help identify problems of the cardiovascular system and receive highly qualified assistance. And if no pathologies are found, the doctor will give you useful recommendations on how to maintain health for many years. What is a cardiologist’s duty? It’s to save your hearts!