Ok you know what? I could deal with it when my husbands potato burritos got taken off the menu. I could deal with it when I heard that the Mexican Pizza was leaving, but now they are taking away my shredded chicken and I will not stand for it. Oh wait, I’m a professional…
According to a recent press release Taco Bell is once again chopping some of their menu.
WHAT WE’RE SAYING GOODBYE TO:
- Mexican Pizza: We know some fans may be sad to see this one go, we are too. One silver lining of saying goodbye to the Mexican Pizza that might help you rest easy is that removing it from our menus helps us work towards our commitment to leave a lighter footprint on our planet. Currently, Mexican Pizza packaging accounts for over 7 million pounds of paperboard material per year in the U.S.
○ For vegetarians who might have customized the Mexican Pizza as part of their go-to order, remember Taco Bell is still vegetarian-friendly.** Our menu remains highly customizable, and we encourage anyone looking for a vegetarian alternative to swap out any meat for our original plant-based proteins – black and pinto beans. And who knows, you may see additional plant-based alternatives at Taco Bell in the near future.
○ With the removal of the Mexican Pizza combo, a classic Taco Bell combo will be returning. Combo #8 will now feature three Nacho Cheese Doritos® Locos Tacos Supreme with a Large Drink for $6.99.*
- Pico de Gallo: Our fresh diced tomatoes will be replacing pico de gallo. Guests can still order Fresco Style, which will soon mean swapping out nacho cheese sauce, shredded cheese, mayo-based sauces, and low-fat sour cream with tomatoes. Fresco style remains a great option to reduce calories and fat, or to make an existing vegetarian item vegan.
- Shredded Chicken: Shredded chicken will no longer be a protein option on our menus, which means we will be saying goodbye to the Shredded Chicken Soft Taco, Shredded Chicken Burrito, and Shredded Chicken Quesadilla Melt on November 5. Fans looking for similar options can try out our classic Chicken Quesadilla or the new Chicken Chipotle Melt.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FORWARD TO:
- Chicken Chipotle Melt – Nationwide
A new permanent fixture on our Cravings Value Menu, featuring marinated all-white meat grilled chicken, creamy chipotle sauce, and cheddar cheese rolled and melted together. Fans can get their hands on the new $1* Chicken Chipotle Melt starting November 5.
- Dragonfruit Freeze – Nationwide
Introducing Taco Bell’s new Dragonfruit Freeze, a tropical frozen beverage swirled with a burst of dragonfruit flavor, available nationwide starting September 24. To deliver on our contactless service, all Taco Bell freezes are now served with a flat lid.
- Green Sauce – Regional
Did your local Taco Bell previously offer green sauce as an additional customization option? Our Food Innovation Team has spent time carefully crafting a new and improved recipe, now including flavors of fire roasted green chilies, pureed jalapeño and hatch green chiles to ensure it has an extra kick that pairs perfectly with any menu item. Green sauce will be returning to select markets nationwide starting November 5.
- Quesalupa – Testing in Knoxville, TN
Our fan favorite Quesalupa is finally starting its journey back to menus nationwide next year, kicking off on September 24 with a test* in Knoxville, Tennessee. We’ve taken our classic chalupa shell and stuffed it with a cheese blend of real pepper jack and mozzarella so there is delicious melty cheese throughout.
Ok so the green sauce is a good addition, but you know what green sauce goes amazing with? FREAKING SHREDDED CHICKEN. I guess I’ll have to just bust out the old slow cooker and make my own from now on. Unless of course Del Taco decides to take on the shredded chicken.