Typically, all betting houses specify the needed info about bonus codes in the terms. Even though there are two of the most frequent patterns of usage, every time pay attention to the distinctive moments required by this or that bookie. For example, to use a ggbet promo code, you need to search for a “bonus code” section when completing a form and activate the code separately. Hence, we recommend you check the T&Cs before using any code.
However, as we have said earlier, there are two basic patterns of how and when promo codes can be used: during the registration and while making a deposit.
During the Registration
At the time of registering at a bookmaker, you will need to fill out a form with some personal data, including your full name, email, phone number, country of residence, home address, and currency, to name but a few. All the fields mentioned above are mandatory during the registration.
Apart from that, you can enter a promo code (if any) in a special field of the registration form. It should be noted that this step is completely optional and should only be filled if the user has a code. These promotional codes are created for new members and are widely used for no deposit bonuses activation.
During the Deposit
As its name suggests, promo codes in this category can trigger any type of deposit bonuses, such as welcome, reload, and cash back offers. For instance, if you activate a code with your first time deposit, you can get a free bankroll (aka free bets) and use it by placing bets according to wagering requirements.
In addition, existing members can also be awarded when using these codes. Best of all, they apply similarly to welcome promotions but are available for all members, not only newcomers. To activate a bonus, you just need to enter the correct code in a specific field of the relevant form before making a deposit.
What is the Function of a Promo Code?
Of course, promotional codes are designed as a marketing instrument whose primary purpose is to attract new players to the betting platform and retain the existing customer base. In this respect, they can trigger better bonus offers. For instance, some bonuses can not be seen on the promotional page until you enter the correct code and activate it separately. Likewise, you can increase the match amount of some offers with the use of promo codes.
And the fun doesn’t end here! In addition, they also can offer some kind of improved odds, as well as some offers for other casino games, including slots and table games.
What are the Types of Promo Codes?
Even though the primary purpose of all the promo codes is similar, there is a distinction based on what type of reward these codes are giving and by whom they can be activated. In this way, we can differentiate them by following criteria:
- Gambling platform: some promo codes are designed for casinos, while others are for sports/eSports betting.
- Time usage: some codes should be applied when filling out a registration form, while others before making a deposit.
- Eligibility: some are available only for newcomers, while others are for all members, including loyal ones.
- Reward activation: some bonus codes trigger a higher cash rate, while others call to award players with free bets, free spins, and higher odds.
- Bonus type: some codes can be activated for welcome packages, while others are available for NDB, cashback, and reload promos for existing users.
What are the Perks of Using Codes?
To sum up, some of the benefits that players can enjoy when using the promo codes are the following:
- Additional free bets.
- Improved odds for certain matches within this online betting platform.
- Enhanced match rate for certain bonus offers.
- Exclusive super quotas.
- Limited bonus codes to newsletter subscribers.
So, although bonus codes are usually optional, they are a great marketing tool offered by the platforms and loved by players for a great number of reasons.