NERDBOT
The Nerd Side Of Life

Woman Accidentally Mistakes Nail Glue For Eye Drops

A Michigan woman who fell asleep and woke up with dry eyes made the mistake of a lifetime. It was about one o’clock in the morning when Yacedrah Williams woke up with dry eyes. She wanted to fix it, so she tried taking her contact out. Only to do that, she needed saline because her eyes were too dry to take it out by itself.

Reaching into her purse to get her eye drops, she accidentally took out a bottle of nail glue.

ABC7 Video Coverage

She immediately realized what she had done and started to flush the eye out with cold water. Trying to wipe it away, the eyelids sealed shut.

Keep Going!
1 of 493

“I was like, ‘oh my goodness,’ and it dropped in my eye and I tried to wipe it away and it sealed my eye shut. I just started throwing cold water and I was trying to pull my eyes apart, but I couldn’t. And I was just screaming for him to call 911.”

Williams

According to Dr. George Williams of Beaumont Health she’s not the first person to make this mistake. What saved her vision was her quick thinking and cold water treatment. Had the contact not been there to cover her retina, her vision may have been ruined forever.

<div class="scripps_iframe_embed" style="position:relative;"><div style="display:block;width:100%;height:auto;padding-bottom:56.25%;"></div><iframe style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%; height:100%;" border="0" height="100%" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" scrolling="no"  data-src="https://assets.scrippsdigital.com/cms/videoIframe.html?&host=www.wxyz.com&title=Woman%20mistakes%20nail%20glue%20for%20eye%20drops&m3u8=https://content.uplynk.com/a5d2954932db4eb7a9026453812c6058.m3u8&purl=/news/dangerous-mishap-when-woman-glues-an-eye-shut-with-what-she-thought-were-eye-drops&story=0&ex=1&s=wxyz"></iframe></div>

Sign up to Receive the NERDBOT News!