Online casinos have been a popular topic in recent years. Many people engage in online gambling using attractive bonus offers on various websites. The industry is constantly expanding with new, very interesting game offerings. Players usually use verified sites recommended by blogs or online ratings. The knowledge of online players is usually limited to instructions for individual slot machines, sometimes basic strategies, or news from the world of bonus offers provided by casinos.
But, if you want to know more about gambling, online casino, popular casino games, etc. then this article is for you. Online casinos have a rich history full of shocking facts that only a few people could have heard or read about. Are you a fan of video slots? Check out what curiosities are associated with slot machines and online casinos. You may be surprised!
Surprising fact # 1 – the popularity of online casinos
It’s interesting how few people know about the popularity of online casinos in recent years. It turns out that due to the lockdown of many land-based gambling establishments, many players have switched to a wide range of casino sites. Around 60% of players have switched to online gambling due to the closure of land-based casinos. The remaining 40% want to try online casino games but worry about various scammers. For more information about the high-quality online casino, you can check here.
Interesting fact # 2 – the legality of casinos in New Zealand
The Online Casino Safety Act in New Zealand has caused a lot of confusion. Many people still do not believe that gambling is completely legal in New Zealand. However, there are online casinos in NZ that have decided to obtain a license so that players can confidently enjoy their favorite form of entertainment.
Exciting fact # 3 – the growing number of casino games
Online casinos are not just gambling sites with low-quality entertainment, they are a huge industry that develops day by day. The popular online casino game providers employ thousands of professionals constantly working on new casino games. An interesting fact is that the number of popular casino games available has long exceeded 10 000 and is constantly growing! The most famous and favorite developers include:
- Red tiger;
- and many others.
Surprising fact # 4 – roulette and mysticism
Roulette is sometimes called the game of the devil, and few people know where this strange game came from. Why did people call it like that? Well, the sum of all the numbers on the roulette wheel is 666. This number is known as Satan’s number (or number of Beast), and it’s no secret. Legend has it that the French casino operator Francois Blanc, wanting to know how to win at roulette, agreed with Lucifer himself. Will this scare away fans of virtual casinos? Of course not. There are tons of players in online roulette.
Intriguing fact number 5 – won without investment
Some online casino users do not have the slightest idea about the amazing fact that you can win real money at the casino without investing a single dollar! Many gambling sites offer special bonus programs to encourage players to sign up for an account. Thanks to this, the player can receive funds for the game, which, after fulfilling the conditions of the bonus rules, can turn into real money!
Unknown fact # 6 – where did slots come from?
Online casino players rarely wonder how the first slot machines appeared. However, this is a very interesting story. The first slot was built by auto mechanic Charles Fey. It was some sort of entertainment to customers who complained about long waiting times for car repairs. Thanks to a clever mechanic, clients could play for long hours.
Fun Fact # 7 – Amazing Player Strategies and Beliefs
Statistics show that many players believe in mysterious systems that give an edge over online casinos. Interestingly, the number of those who are convinced of the positive impact of the strategy is still growing. Most people don’t want to believe that slot machine games are completely random. The funniest and most interesting player strategies and beliefs are:
- play only at certain times,
- choosing machines that are not marked as “hot” by the casino,
- play on accelerated spins,
- only use one site and one machine for a long time.
There are many facts and myths about this form of entertainment. Players don’t usually look for information about the history of popular casino games, which is a shame. This is a very interesting question that says a lot not only about the game itself but also about its players and human behavior in general.